1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

guess what happened

Discussion in 'Stolen Equipment' started by Jarred's Lawn Care, May 20, 2009.

1. Lawnut101

Lawnut101 LawnSite Silver Member

I hope you get this all figured out.
  2. JDiepstra

JDiepstra LawnSite Bronze Member

I did not read this whole thread so if it hasn't been said already.... file a police report and visit all of the local pawn shope. Also check EBay and Craigs List. Good luck and sorry about your loss.
  3. TheC-Master

TheC-Master LawnSite Senior Member

People around here are too lax. I was at the mall and someone had their handhelds on the truck while they were in the store... crazy.
  4. puppypaws

puppypaws LawnSite Fanatic

You wrote what needed to be said in this post. This is something that is going to increase as unemployment runs out from all the job losses. We have a hard time getting the police to investigate anything because they dedicate all personal to homicides. The worse the economy, the more crime, the more crime, the less investigation, spread too thin, it gets to be a vicious circle.

I think everyone should be carrying a gun in plain sight. There is one county they were talking about on TV where everyone wears a gun, and their crime rate is zero. Criminals don't want to attempt a crime where they know everyone is carrying an equalizer.
  5. S.I.

S.I. LawnSite Senior Member
    from west

This is the reason every piece of equipment has its own lock. Here thieves won't work to steal something, it has to be in plain sight and not held down.
  6. ohiogreenworks

ohiogreenworks LawnSite Senior Member

Can't agree more! I have CCW and carry mine virtually everywhere I go...it is a no brainer with how people are now-a-days...:hammerhead:
  7. Smittie

Smittie LawnSite Member

That sucks sorry to hear it. Maybe you will catch the guy coming back to see if he can get something else. then its :hammerhead::hammerhead: time!!!
  8. Jarred's Lawn Care

Jarred's Lawn Care LawnSite Member

im just so freakin uppset!! i havent ate and havent slept at all!!!
  9. ron mexico75

ron mexico75 LawnSite Bronze Member

Damn man that sucks big time. You should definitely file a police report (so its documented) not much good other then that. You should also keep an eye on craigslist for them selling the stuff or any local pawn shops.
  10. Jarred's Lawn Care

Jarred's Lawn Care LawnSite Member

im checking pawn shops today, and draining all the gas from my cans, dont want to take any chances