Guess what i saw yesterday....

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lsu03, Jun 13, 2007.

1. lsu03

lsu03 LawnSite Senior Member

this f150 was driving next to me and then it speeds up and i see a trailer hooked to it. on the trailer was a crapsman riding mower with the front duct taped on, an electric weedeater with extension cord, a broom maybe two feet wide, and a old crapsman push mower. i just laughed

2. Tim Wright

Tim Wright LawnSite Bronze Member

I would not laugh seriously. The man has to start somewhere, and maybe he wants to start with no debt (which is preferrable yet difficult). He may very well be your best competition in a year or two, who knows.

Tim

3. jeremy067390

jeremy067390 LawnSite Member

i assume you drive a brand new dump with a 24 foot enclosed and 8 z turns inside? all financed huh? i started with a belt 48. now i have a 60 z, 2 52 hydros, still the 48. a dump and an 02 7.3 ford which is the only thing i didnt pay cash for. one of the biggest guys in my area was telling me how he started with a ford taurus. chances r the guy you saw is hungrier than u. althoughi gotta say there has to be something better then an electric trimmer lol

4. Horsepower Lawns

Horsepower Lawns LawnSite Member

I have seen a man with an old Wheel Horse (1960s), 4x4 dump cart (the kind that the mower pulls), with a gas can, trimmer, and push mower in it. He just mowes near his house.

You have to start someplace.

5. fargoboy

fargoboy LawnSite Member

Heck, I started with a blind three legged goat, Abraham Lincoln's shovel, and a branch of leaves

6. Grits

Grits LawnSite Silver Member
    from Florida

Or he may decide to recycle all the Natural Light cans under his trailer and never have to work again, who knows.

7. fargoboy

fargoboy LawnSite Member

I forgot about the oxcart

8. fiveoboy01

fiveoboy01 LawnSite Silver Member

That's nothing.

Last week I saw 2 Mexicans driving a late 90s-ish dodge intrepid with TWO Lawnboy pushmowers sticking out of the trunk:)

9. hdhillin

hdhillin LawnSite Member

Maybe you should offer him some productive professional advice. Why must one BASH others?

10. KS_Grasscutter

KS_Grasscutter LawnSite Gold Member

That is exactly how I started out, only I was using an old Dixon 30" ZTR.