Guess what mower?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Phishook, Sep 9, 2002.

1. Phishook

Phishook LawnSite Bronze Member

Just posting my first picture.

Any guesses what mower I used?

lawn mowed in stripes 003.jpg

2. Phishook

Here's another.

lawn mowed in stripes 005.jpg

3. Doogiegh

Doogiegh LawnSite Senior Member

What size deck and which model of mower?

Thanks,
    GH

4. Phishook

20 hp., 50", Bunton............

Hardly ever use it, don't know where those stripes came from.
    :confused:

5. rkbrown

rkbrown LawnSite Senior Member

Looks great, Phishook !!!

6. IBGreen

IBGreen LawnSite Senior Member

Looks awesome, I want one

Evergreen Landscaping Concepts

7. GarPA

GarPA LawnSite Silver Member
    from PA

OK OK OK ...its time for me to once again show my commercial mower striping ignorance.....did you drive that thing right thru the trees to get those perfect stripes???? I still try to do that but mine still S---! Now I'll bet some are you are wondering the same thing aren't you...be honest!!! and yes I could do a search on striping but yours were very nice

8. thfireman

thfireman LawnSite Senior Member

I have wondered the same thing. I do stripes but you can see where I went around the tree. Teach me something new!

9. Floridalandcare

Floridalandcare LawnSite Senior Member
    from Tampa

Its either magic where he can go through the tree or you went up one side of the tree and down the other .....What ever it is it looks nice

10. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

Nice pics, Phishook!

But it really isnt' rocket science with the stripes seeming to go through trees and beds.

This property was well thought out by Phishook. He mowed it from the Right side and striped it to the left. In the second picture, you can see where he mowed around that flower bed, blowing debris INTO the bed :eek: and around behind it and to the road. Then he comes back on the next stripe and covers up the tracks around the bed and comes toward the single tree. Mows up to the tree, and circles around on the camera side of the tree. Upon returning the next stripe, that covers the tracks from that tree....As long as you have the spacing figured out, mowing "through" trees is really just the secondary benefit to a well though out pattern.