Guess what this is?

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by Fieldman12, Feb 12, 2008.

1. Fieldman12

Fieldman12 LawnSite Bronze Member

Im guessing it is a articulated type of dozer on tracks. There where pics floating around on HEF last year. That is what it looks like covered up with the tarp. Maybe ksss, can take pics of it at the Con Expo. Im hoping it still shows up on here. Im using the crappy dial up now. Using the T1 line at work the pic popped right up.

http://www.deere.com/en_US/cfd/cons...epage.html?location=jdhome&tm=corp&link=const

2. cat2

cat2 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Mi

Hmmmmmmmmm i have no idea. its hard to say what john deere is coming up with now.

3. Tigerotor77W

Tigerotor77W LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Germany

Bah, fieldman, you're stealing my post from HEF! :p (just kidding with you)

Here's the picture that he's talking about:

[​IMG]

4. bobcat_ron

bobcat_ron LawnSite Fanatic

It's the Bison, front cab over a D-6 PAT blade, articulated frame with rubber tracks on all 4 corners, like an over sized quad Loegering track set up, one of the useless innovations that Deere seems to have nowadays.

5. Fieldman12

That's what I think they are covering up here with the tarp. I myself also am not sure if it would be a good idea. Cat makes a similar machine except it is used in the waste business and it does not have tracks. It has the sheeps foot style wheels. I would have to look on Cat's website to give you the correct name of the machine they call it. In the ag word a Case IH quadtrack will pull better than a Cat Challenger. It is possible that this could push better but I am doubting it.

6. Tigerotor77W

Tigerotor77W LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Germany

A Quadtrack will pull better than a Challenger? A 9030T, too? (Just curious.)

And Cat makes wheel dozers (8x4 model numbers -- 814F2, 824H, 834H, 844H, and 854K), soil compactors (8x5 models -- 815F2, 825H, 836H), and landfill compactors (8x6 models -- 816F2, 826H, 836H).

That being said, I'm really curious where Deere goes/is going with this idea. I'll get to ConExpo too late (Friday/Saturday) to get you the scoop, but I can take lots of pictures. :D

7. Fieldman12

Yes it has been our experience from being around the 9030T and the Challengers that the Quads Tracs pull allot better. Yes the landfill compators is what Im talking about. I have seen the wheel models also now that you have mentioned it. By the way the new Challengers are way better than the Deere's.

8. Dirt Digger2

Dirt Digger2 LawnSite Silver Member
    from PA

its probably like the BELL scraper puller

puller.jpg

9. bobcat_ron

bobcat_ron LawnSite Fanatic

The Bison has a rear mounted engine in it though.

10. CarterKraft

CarterKraft LawnSite Senior Member

Maybe it's some competition for the Challenger 975?

What I understand is the 975 has the 9030 wooped.

I don't have any idea what that would be used for besides pull pans?