Guest living in 7001

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by 65hoss, Aug 24, 2005.

1. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

The other morning I was sitting by the trailer drinking my coffee when I see this with its head stick out from under the air filter. It slowly moved out so I could get a pic. I didn't bother him and when we got to the first job I noticed he was still on the blower. The wind didn't blow him off.

2. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping LawnSite Gold Member

Thats cool that you just left him alone. Most people would have killed him. I like bugs n stuff like that as long as it isn't damaging anything!
  3. olderthandirt

olderthandirt LawnSite Platinum Member
    from here

love to look at a praying mantis but darn can they hurt when they pinch :cry:
  4. hole in one lco

hole in one lco LawnSite Bronze Member

they are good luck so that blower will run forever
  5. South Florida Lawns

South Florida Lawns LawnSite Platinum Member
    from usa

I used to collect bugs as a kid those were my favorite along with walking sticks.
  6. lwcmattlifter

lwcmattlifter LawnSite Senior Member
    from NC

Cool, I haven't seen many this year, usually they are everywhere. Ever seen a praying mantis hunt for food? That's one really fast and sneaky insect when it wants to be.
  7. Cutter LLC

Cutter LLC LawnSite Member
    from Indiana

My mother had a 85 300 zx turbo back in the day. Nice car back then and a mantis was on the hood. We thought 70mph on the highway would blow the little guy off, but instead his legs got really red and he stuck like glue, till we got all the way home. Next day he was gone.