1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

guf from the competition

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by caz1, Dec 16, 2004.

1. caz1

caz1 LawnSite Member

Went and order the signage for my truck today. While I was there the lady at the sign company was telling me that they had some freinds that tryed to go into the lawn biz. And that they recived alot of guf for another lawn care company how should i handle this if I incounter the same thing?

2. packerbacker

packerbacker LawnSite Bronze Member

Guf about what?

3. caz1

caz1 LawnSite Member

I think it was about being new and did not want the competition

4. packerbacker

Tell them to F*** off, its a free country and you can do what you want, how you want and when you want

5. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

hey, take a page from packer, just lower your prices, that'll teach em

6. richard coffman

richard coffman LawnSite Senior Member

I'd tell them to get over it.

7. packerbacker

Actually ive never lowered my prices once. Although i did underbid a $15,000 job by $250 just to get it because the last time i checked $14,750 is more then $0. Dont let the math get in the way though.

8. naturescaretaker

naturescaretaker LawnSite Senior Member

And don't work for nothing either. payup

9. packerbacker

I never would but some people need to understand that people like me didnt get a business handed to them. I had to go out and get customers. I just cant believe that anybody here has never underbid to get a job. Especially starting out.

I dont here anyone complain about stores having sales or stores saying they will beat the competition by 10% . Thats all we are doing. The goal is to make money. Of course i wont do it for free but i will also shave a buck or 2 off a $50 yard to get it. I see nothing wrong with that.

10. cutnedge

cutnedge LawnSite Member

I'd ask her for bigger and brighter signs.