gum balls

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by ow man, Feb 17, 2002.

1. ow man

ow man LawnSite Member

HELP! Is there anything I can spray or do to my sweetgum trees to eliminate the balls? I have an acre yard with six LARGE mature trees. I dont want to cut them down, nice shade. Can anyone help? Thanks.

2. 1grnlwn

1grnlwn LawnSite Bronze Member

Yes, Im not sure what its called but its basically a defruiting spray. Do you have the equip to do the spraying? It is applied in the spring when trees are flowering. Window is narrow. Results are pretty good if app is correct.

Mark

3. Pacific Nursery

Pacific Nursery LawnSite Member

I just read an ad for a product (micro inject) called snipper or snippet. Claims to eliminate the fruit of Sweet Gum. Can't remember the manufacturer, I'll post again if I find it.

4. 1grnlwn

1grnlwn LawnSite Bronze Member

I checked in to snipper you have to buy a case of 300 injectors. Maybe $2-$3 a piece.

5. thfireman

thfireman LawnSite Senior Member

I got the literature on Snipper today. They will sell by the case of 100 units at a time. The cost per case is $326.00. :)

6. thfireman

thfireman LawnSite Senior Member

By the way....

The company is called Tree Tech and they can be e-mailed or called at the number below. If you e-mail them they do not reply but will mail you a packet of info if you give them your address. Took about 2 weeks to get the packet.

email: info@treetech.net

Phone: (352) 528-5335