1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Gumball Trees

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Lawn DOG, Apr 23, 2003.

1. Lawn DOG

Lawn DOG LawnSite Senior Member

Anybody know the product used to sterilize gum trees so they don't produce gumballs.
    I saw it advertised last year but can't remember the name or where to get it.
  2. beck

beck LawnSite Senior Member

snipper by tree-tech(injection)
    and Florel (spray)

Those are two names that I know of.
  3. Green Pastures

Green Pastures LawnSite Silver Member

Thanks alot!

I never knew there was such a thing.

Is it expensive?
  4. beck

beck LawnSite Senior Member

For Snipper

A case of 100 microinjection units cost $309 + shipping and handling. For every four (4) inches of circumference you need one injection unit.

My aunts tree is approximately 35-40 years old based on the neighborhood and has an 80 inch circumference. So 80/4=20 so it would cost about $62.

I think they wanted the measurement to be taken 20 inches above ground, but not 100% positive.
  5. Lawn DOG

Lawn DOG LawnSite Senior Member

Hey Beck,
    High Five to ya! Thanks for the info.
    I knew someone had the answer.....
  6. Russ

Russ LawnSite Senior Member

7. KenH

KenH LawnSite Bronze Member
    from CT

Measurements are usually taken at DBH (diameter at breast height.)
  8. Danny Miller

Danny Miller LawnSite Member

Lawn Dog, I'm having problems with gumball trees reproducing those useless gumball can you or someone help me to stop the cycle of production. I also sent it on TV on how to make the female gum ball tree stop reproducing gumballs.

I NEED HELP please email me or call me at 270-543-4160 or dm@millerssafety.com

Thanks and with great honors

Danny W. Miller
  9. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

Walnut trees don't grow in my area so I am not familiar with them. So I am asking this question for an other person.

All Fruit trees in my area, mostly Citrus, can be sprayed during flowering to stop production. What can be done for Walnut trees to stop the heavy Walnut drop?
  10. Tscape

Tscape LawnSite Bronze Member

dbh=diameter at breast height. The general rule arborists live by.

sorry Ken. I should read the whole thread before posting:eek: