1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Gump-mobiles vs Quick 36

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Smitty58, Oct 23, 2005.

1. Smitty58

Smitty58 LawnSite Senior Member

Thinking back on this yr and what seeminly cost me customers (fast ztr) got me wondering about a different "system". What do you think about either a couple of rear engine riders like Forest used or a couple of Quick 36ers. Both ideas sound like a solution to do a good job while not upsetting small to medium residentials with the fast Z. Does anyone use more than one Quick 36 or does anyone use the Snapper RER? Give me your thoughts.
  2. geogunn

geogunn LawnSite Gold Member
    from TN

it seems upside down to me that you would have to consider being less efficient to keep your customer base.

as for the time to use the lazer, use it. for the times to use a WB, then use the WB.

either way, I'd think peak efficiency is your best option. good luck

GEO :)
  3. TClawn

TClawn LawnSite Silver Member

buy the biggest deck that you can fit on the most lawns. If I could, I would put my lazer on a 3000sqft yards. as it is, I use the quick 36 on those, due to gate size, and smal areas where you couldn't turn with the Z. whatever gets the most yards done the fastest would be my advice.
  4. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

I would go with a fast rider before I bought a gump. Simplicity has some that will run 9.5 mph.
  5. GPDesign1

GPDesign1 LawnSite Senior Member

I have a customer who's using two of our Super Duty's to maintain 210 residential accounts per week. From the feedback we're receiving, they're very happy with this setup.

36 hydro walks are big enough to get some work done, but still small enough to get in most of the tight spots.

6. Smitty58

Smitty58 LawnSite Senior Member

Thanks GP, I am leaning towards the quick 36. I have a 48" Z that is fast but the little old ladies hate it and it is a little big for some of the small props. I think the 36" hydro wb is a perfect mower for both of those problems. The point of the rear eng rider is we would be riding ,but other than that they probably are not as efficient as the wb's.