Gunite Pool Demo

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by AWJ Services, Aug 26, 2013.

1. whiffyspark

whiffyspark LawnSite Fanatic

I had one coupled with spring rains and clay and it was a f'ing nightmare.

2. whiffyspark

3. whiffyspark

4. whiffyspark

I don't have any pictures after it was graded.

The access picture was before the slit fence went up

I popped the t110 track off 3 Times in one day lol

5. 1idejim

1idejim LawnSite Fanatic

Any flatwork should test 2500 psi bare minimum.

The bondbeam is a cubic foot (12x12) walls and floor 6 in. and the radii 8-12 depending on the excavation.

We have demoed many a pool in a day with a JD 310 or 580 Case. Punch holes in the bottom, saw the pool horizontally at 30 in. vertically on both sides of skimmer, corners and swim-outs. Also cut center of radii.

Once prepped, the sides will fold pretty easy.

6. tbi

tbi LawnSite Senior Member
    from NY

Typical bobcat junk hammer. I had a brand new one spill its cookies on day one.
    Bobcat being so nice gave me the update for free but didn't offer to clean up the mess.

7. AWJ Services

AWJ Services LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Ga

This bond beam is almost 2 foot by 2 foot which is way it is so tough. Saw will not make enough cut too help. I used a hand breaker too bust the bottom and if I would have known the pool was like this I would have had a skid breaker form the beginning. Got one coming too finish breaking it up.

8. 1idejim

1idejim LawnSite Fanatic

Sounds like Shot Crete.

Gunite is sand and dry cement that is pneumatically applied. The water is mixed at the nozzle as the mixture leaves the hose.

Shot Crete is a wet mix that is pumped through a hose. The mix has pea size aggregate in it.

Shot Crete has virtually no rebound since the shaping material can be troweled into the shell floor. Extra thick bondbeams and radii are the result of excess material from shaping the shell.

9. Krafty

Krafty LawnSite Senior Member
    Male, from St. Louis MO

How did it turn out?? Your not still buried in it are you??

10. AWJ Services

AWJ Services LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Ga

Pretty good. I have too wait on more dirt. The holidays messed up scheduling. Should be done with it wed and then lay the sod.