1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Guns vs. Annual Budget

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by sniggly, Mar 10, 2003.

1. sniggly

sniggly LawnSite Member

Okay Lawn Care Maintenance Guru's.....:) Load yer guns. I am posting this about 20 yards away so you all should be able to hit it. Here's my ANNUAL budget......Any suggestions? What am I missing?

This is a brand new business by the way:
    Startup Capital - 7500
    Business License - 50
    Fuel - 3120
    Equipment maintenance - 500
    Equipment Replacement - 1500
    Truck Payments - 4200
    Truck 1L listing (ins.) - 800
    CGL Business Ins. - 360
    Trailer w/ Equipment Rider ins. - 1400
    Business Phone - 1200
    Advertising - 1000
    clothing - 500

That's 1844 per month to operate. I estimate my average loaded mile to cost 29 cents. Gates don't drop for less than 30.00. 1 man hour is 60.00 dollars. Service includes mow, trim, ege, blo & go. All other services extra. My market research supports a 60.00 dollar man hour.

By my initial calculations I need 15 acounts paying 120/month just to operate. I need an additional 20 accounts to provide the income I want. That's 35 accounts that I intend to be annual accounts (contracted). It may not be realistic to pick that many accounts up with a late start this season (May).

READY......AIM...........FIRE!!!!!!!!!

2. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

Some categories seem a little high to me. $500 for maintenance and $1500 in equipment cost???? If this is new equipment you should not have these cost. Everything else seems feasible.

MATT