Gutter attachment for a RedMax EB7001 blower

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Piedmont Lawn, Oct 23, 2002.

1. Piedmont Lawn

Piedmont Lawn LawnSite Member

Hi Gang,

Thinking of making a gutter attachment for my RedMax back pack blower, I don’t see one in their catalog. I have seen them around at the local home stores and Sears for their blowers. Anybody used one and do they work? Any ideas other than buying one for another brand blower and modifying it to fit the RedMax...

2. MIne works great, I got it at the hardware store and it fits all the blower makes.

It's called a ladder.
  3. bob

bob LawnSite Platinum Member
    from DE

My friend got one for his Stihl backpack blower. He said that all the debris comes down on top of him.
  4. greenman

greenman LawnSite Addict

Thats what I was just going to ask if the leaves and debris just get blown all over you.
  5. Piedmont Lawn

Well, I don’t mind the debris falling back down on me. I can’t clime a ladder anymore due to foot problems and I don’t trust myself walking around on a roof if these gizmos work it could be a life saver for me.

Must put it on my to do list

Thanks Guys :D
  6. HarryD

HarryD LawnSite Bronze Member

someone post a pic of one
  7. Piedmont Lawn

8. greenman

greenman LawnSite Addict

I dont think that would be productive enough. Faster to blow em out then clean em up from the ground.
  9. Doc Pete

Doc Pete LawnSite Gold Member

If you've used a bent end backpack blower, you know that with all that air coming out, you won't be able to hold the end in the gutter unless it's pointing straight down into the gutter. At least I couldn't and regardless it did a poor job. I either stand on the roof with the blower or use a ladder and rag to clean the gutters by hand.
  10. Well now Petey's physics books are right on this subject.

Way back when, I had an electric Parker blower/vac, had the gutter attachment, could barrily hold it in place.

Could you imagine it with the force the Red Max blows with? Not a chance

Ladder is the best attachment.