1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Gutter Bracket (Uni Bracket)

Discussion in 'Unique Lighting' started by JoeyD, Sep 11, 2007.

1. JoeyD

JoeyD LawnSite Silver Member

Here is a photo of our Uni Bracket / Gutter Bracket in action. You can see how this guy mounted it then bent the bracet to give him the angle he desired. Personally i would mount the bracket up higher in the gutter as to allow for better flow but here where this bracket is being used there are no leaves to gather in it. Should not hinder the water flow at all.

2. NightScenes

NightScenes LawnSite Silver Member

Hey Joey, I might like to see one of those up close and personal. I usually mount on the cross bracket that is visible in your photo.
  3. JoeyD

you got it Paul, we could get you a sample through Scott if you want to see one sooner than later.

Joey D.
  4. Landscape Illuminating

Landscape Illuminating LawnSite Member
    from Maine

How about snow and ice falling or sliding down from the roof. Would that have any negative effect of this type of mounting/lighting? I know, I know....most of you don't even know what snow is! :hammerhead:

5. NightScenes

NightScenes LawnSite Silver Member

Send it on!! I am always a sooner than later.
  6. pete scalia

pete scalia LawnSite Senior Member

where is the wiring?
  7. JoeyD

The wire is ran out of the bottom of the light and then a hub connection is made further down the gutter by another light.
  8. JoeyD

It should hold up but obviously if the snow and or ice is really big it is possible it could bend the bracket. I doubt that it would rip the screws out of the faiscia but I have seen stranger things happen so i wouldnt rule it out. The bracket is made from sturdy stainless steel and is pretty strong so it should hold up.
  9. Mrsamman

Mrsamman LawnSite Member

I'm a guttering contractor and if I found that it my gutters I would be pissed. It impedes water flow, it collects debris not to mention the holes in the gutter. Don't install that on copper gutter, it will react with the copper not to mention you ruining the gutter with the holes, it could cost you a $1,000 to replace just one piece of guttering.
  10. JoeyD

It will be up to the installing contractor to determine if this is the right application to use or not. Obvuiously in areas where debris gathers in the gutter you may not want a warm brass or copper fixture placed in it. I dont see how water would be stopped by this but I could imagine it could potentially slow the flow down. Potentially causing a problem. I will need to look into how the Stainless Steel will effect the copper and if it will harm it.

I will post my findings.