Gutter cleaning. Do you do it?

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by Uranus, Nov 18, 2006.

1. Uranus

Uranus LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mass

I've been getting all the older customers asking if I do gutters. I told myself that I was not going up on roofs this year cuz I'm solo and can not afford to fall and hurt myself being solo this year. Someones gutters are not worth a broken leg or the finical lose cuz of injury to me. Well I've been doing them if I can reach it with my 16 foot ladder. I think I'm charging a fair price for them, (40-75 dollars) but I'm wondering who else out there is doing them and what kind of money are you getting for it. Huge liability if something goes wrong. :D

2. MarkintheGarden

MarkintheGarden LawnSite Bronze Member

I do some gutters, only for regular customers, and only one story houses.
    About 50. to 70., be carefull out there!

3. JJLandscapes

JJLandscapes LawnSite Senior Member

i dont like heights so i make my partner climb always. THink about it everyone who pays someone to cut there lawn most likely has someoene do there gutters.

Most our customers get it done yearly sometimes twice a year.. and ifyou get them to do it that often it takes 5 minutes because there isnt anything old and caked in

4. Uranus

Uranus LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mass

I'm finding that most of the gutters I did a month ago are stuffed full again. I do love it when I go to the back of the house and find 5 leaves in a 30 foot gutter. $$$$$

5. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Gutters? No freaking way for this homey, terra firma all the way.

6. Turfcutters Plus

Turfcutters Plus LawnSite Senior Member

Same here,except a few new ones this time of year.Just ran out today did one for $75 1 mile from house.I name my price now,because i'm done yea!:weightlifter:

7. noseha

noseha LawnSite Senior Member
    from MI

I do them right now as a fall clean up thing. A 12 ft ladder and wouldn't go on a roof no matter what. if I have to clean a valley I use a home made 8'' wide rake with a long handle. one story only.

8. godzilla

godzilla LawnSite Senior Member

The other day I was 3? floors up on a roof (3 including the basement where the garage is) the guy needed to put some caulking around a dormer... so I tied into a tree behind the house, went up on a ladder and rappelled down the roof. Probably should have done the gutters while I was up there... but oh well.

9. Rickco

Rickco LawnSite Member

Cleaning gutters is part of our regular spring and fall clean ups. I have already figured the price in. Some are nice and low some others we nedd the 32 footer to reach.

10. The landscaper

The landscaper LawnSite Senior Member

I charge 75 for smaller houses and 150 for two story.