1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Gutter Cleaning Pricing

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Borges Lawns, Nov 22, 2006.

1. Borges Lawns

Borges Lawns LawnSite Member

Can someone help me with pricing on gutter cleaning. I imagine you charge per foot. What is the price difference from 1st to 2nd story?
    Thanks - 1st posting.
  2. DaughtryLC

DaughtryLC LawnSite Senior Member

I would price by the hr. depending on your hrly rate.
  3. paul vroom

paul vroom LawnSite Senior Member

I charge fifty and hour. If the job takes two then I say 100, if I have to stand at the top of a 32 foot latter then add another 50. I was doing a clean-up last saturday and a neighbor asked me for a price, I said one hour but I had to come back because all I brought was my 22 foot ladder. He said he had a 32 footer so obviously he was afraid to do it. I went back the next day when I said I would because I did not want to use his ladder. He was not home so I waited 1/2 an hour, he did not show. No gutter cleaning for him.
  4. ozd12005

ozd12005 LawnSite Senior Member

Reminds me of a time when the neighbor came out and asked the same and only had a 16 ft with me ..He said no problem use mine its in the garage after seeing his 1950's wooden ladder I told him I'll see him the next day lol