Gutter Cleaning

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by bigkyle, Feb 19, 2007.

1. bigkyle

bigkyle LawnSite Member

Hey i have been thinking about possibly offering this as one of my services but i was woundering what does evryone exactly do to clean the gutters. I just figured clean out all the leaves and what not and make sure sure all the down spouts are working properly. Also what do people chrage for this service. Is there any certain equipment that makes this job easier?Thanks for all the help

2. Trinity Lawn Care  LLC

Trinity Lawn Care LLC LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

Hey BigKyle,

You are going to hear different things from different people. I believe that most charge by the linear foot. Some folks use blowers with attachments, others use pressure washers, and others use some form of scoop.

I do not know if you have already done this but do a search this has been discussed on many occasions. :)

3. Uranus

Uranus LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mass

I blow out gutters. I really don't care to do it though. I get up on the roof and use my backpack blower to blow out the leaves. When I get to the downspouts I blow air down them and see if the wind is coming out the bottom. I dont go up on a roof for less than $50. Two story homes are a minimum of $75.

You opening a can of worms doing gutters. What are you going to do if they downspout is 100% full of debris. You have to take it down and wash it out. What if the downspout is riveted together. How about if you slip and fall off the ladder or roof. Is it really worth a broken bone or dieing over a gutter for a little bit of money?

4. RICHIE K

RICHIE K LawnSite Senior Member

We charge 45-85 depending on the home but we only do it for our reg customers.

5. GreenN'Clean

GreenN'Clean LawnSite Bronze Member

We blow out the gutters and start from 40-120 depending on the size of the house

6. ScagBoy09

ScagBoy09 LawnSite Member

The guy who did my neighbors last fall used a water hose and hung buckets from the gutters so he could throw the crap in there instead of making another mess on the ground. I would like to see how my backpack blower would work on that but that sounds a little dangerous to me. If you are looking into possibly adding another service, I would consider pressure washing. A lot of people want their driveways, porches, decks, and siding washed to give it that new, clean look. I am really considering it now that I can drive(only 16 here).

7. GreenN'Clean

GreenN'Clean LawnSite Bronze Member

I added power washing about 3 years ago and do about 20-30 jobs per year

8. bigkyle

bigkyle LawnSite Member

What kind of power washer would you have to get for commercial use?

9. ScagBoy09

ScagBoy09 LawnSite Member

I would think something from the dreaded home depot would be good enough, as long as you get one of the more expensive ones with a honda engine and with a good psi rating.

10. bigkyle

bigkyle LawnSite Member

really i would have thought you would need some kind of commercial equipment for that