Gutter Cleaning?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Hometown Lawn Care, Aug 7, 2003.

1. Hometown Lawn Care

Hometown Lawn Care LawnSite Member

Anybody offer this service? and if you do, how do you go about doing it, I've considerd adding this too my list but i want to see if its a money maker....

2. Dr. Mow

Dr. Mow LawnSite Member

we do gutter cleaning at a min. of $1.00 per foot.( more if roof is very steep or gutters are very dirty) first we clean out all the twigs and leaves. then we dig out any asphalt or other dirt. then we rinse them all out , make sure all downspouts are flowing, and then wipe them down with a mild detergent on the outside. then get paid big time. very nasty job!!! hate doing it. We have been giving alot of bus. to Gutterhelmet and Guttergraud. they give us a pretty nice finders fee. there products are a little pricy , but by the time a customer pays me 3-4 times they could have paid for them.:cool: :cool: :cool:

3. mower_babe

mower_babe LawnSite Senior Member

I think you need to lay low for awhile until the dust settles.

(Ya know, members do look around on the other forums.)

or, better idea, why dont you hook up with ultimate? maybe he could give you some pointers.

Just an idea.;)

4. Gene $immons

Gene $immons LawnSite Bronze Member

We offer it as a service. Most requests come in the fall and spring. We clean out the gutters by hand or blower, then squirt out all the downspouts. I charge by the man-hour.

This is mostly a supplemental service.

5. WeatherMan

WeatherMan LawnSite Senior Member

I charge a flat fee $65.00 for single level home. $95.00 for 2 level home.

6. Rustic Goat

Rustic Goat LawnSite Bronze Member

Most of the time I include gutter cleaning as part of seasonal cleanup, along with cleaning debris off roof.
    Be sure to do a good complete job, similar to what Dr. Mow's methods are.

7. Hang on, I got to pick myself up off the floor................

Dang girl, you're a woman after my own heart aren't you...I am taken and so are you,(Parkwest keeps trying) But you go girl........:D

I was going to add... you need a license and insurance to provide this....

Well business license......

OK ok ok $40 minimum to climb on a roof and clean out gutters.

8. GLAN

GLAN Banned

9. Hometown Lawn Care

Hometown Lawn Care LawnSite Member

guys will you honestly grow up? Ive moved on from that, plus the ladie talked to me and I wasnt even eligable to get busted because I havent even done any applications, I get certified next week, instead she just met with me to give me materials and get me going.

wow...

10. Mickhippy

Mickhippy LawnSite Platinum Member

Take out life insurance! I almost died doing it once. Never again!