Gutter drain lines question?

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by Whitaker24, Mar 14, 2010.

1. Dripit good

Dripit good LawnSite Bronze Member

Consider hiring somebody.........

2. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

Use solid drain pipe, not that crappy corrugated stuff. We like 1/4" per foot drop.

3. hoskm01

hoskm01 LawnSite Fanatic

Maintain that slope, as others have said.

4. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

If there are lots of boulders in the lawn, the corrugated stuff is invaluable.

5. ARGOS

ARGOS LawnSite Silver Member

I would go solid drain pipe with 22 degree fittings spaced a couple feet apart, GLUE the fittings (amazing how many people just slip them on). IMO get crestline 4" SD. 1/8" is minimum for drain, 1/4" is typical in house plumbing. Like Mike said shoot for 1/4". 20 feet is easy to snake out, even with a 4" ADS (corregated pipe). If you don't have any equipment I would not bother renting any, that is really a short distance. 72' is a work out, but doable. Hire a punk kid.

The dirt on the tarp is to keep things clean.

6. I really think we've covered all the bases lets HIJACK THIS BABY!

What you have for dinner last night ARGOS?

7. Mike Leary

Are you still in Texass, Peter?

8. Yes and not in TX where I want to be either. Dealing with house issues. I've had three contracts all killed by an inspector. Can't be too critical though. The El Nino is just keeping the water level high here and I'd have to drain the whole neighborhood to eliminate the moisture under my house. Capillary action is wreaking havoc for me. 4 years ago this would not even have been an issue and a few years from now it will quit being one too.

9. Mike Leary

Do you have standing water or is it just damp?

10. hoskm01

hoskm01 LawnSite Fanatic

Did you ever fix your spa, Pete?