Gutter drain lines question?

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by Whitaker24, Mar 14, 2010.

1. Kiril

Kiril LawnSite Fanatic

So ..... 25 inch elevation change per 100 feet? :nono:

Technically drain line grade and size should be determined on potential maximum flow and required flow velocity. That said, in this case the OP can just work with percentages to make it simpler.

Code dictates grade requirements are 5% minimum slope from foundation (6" over 10 feet) and 12" + 2% lot grade from top of foundation to curb. That said, your cities building department will tell you exactly what is required and/or recommended. Probably the safe bet is set the drain line grade to 1-2% minimum slope from your collection basis to discharge point. .

Last edited: Mar 14, 2010
  2. hoskm01

hoskm01 LawnSite Fanatic

1/4" drop per foot of line, over 100 feet would be 2.1 feet of drop, not 25.

1/4" not 1/4.

3. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

I think Kiril is hitting the sauce a little early. :drinkup::drinkup::drinkup:

4. Kiril

Kiril LawnSite Fanatic

Yes .... I corrected it.

5. Kiril

Kiril LawnSite Fanatic

Maybe I can hop in my helicopter and come drink some of that piss with you while we put a better shine on the twinkie together. :laugh:

6. hoskm01

hoskm01 LawnSite Fanatic

Not quick enough...:)

7. ARGOS

ARGOS LawnSite Silver Member

I bet if the OP called the city or county building dept they will say 1/8" per foot minimum.

8. ARGOS

Our practice is to go through boulders. The second we hit a boulder we go to T&M if the job wasn't already T&M. Of course for a homeowner this may not be possible.

9. ARGOS

BTW Fimco. I had half a buttered bagel and a cup of OJ.

The kids had a loaf of bread with jam and butter from the Fimco machine. Everyone except my oldest son that is 15. He ate a loaf to himself.

10. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

I had grits and sausage and coffee.