Gutter Drainage

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by Skyview1, Oct 23, 2007.

1. Skyview1

Skyview1 LawnSite Member

So, we will be putting in a new lawn after my client's addition is complete. There are 2 gutters that will be at the base of the addition that they want drained to their back yard and not on the lawn/foundation area.

Any suggestions on the best way to do this? Was thinking solid pipe from gutter base to all 75' to rear of the yard. Any ideas on capping it off at the end?

Thanks for any suggestions.

2. SOUTHERNGREENSCAPES

SOUTHERNGREENSCAPES LawnSite Senior Member

Boxer W/trench Attachment, Two 50ft Rolls Of Corregated Pipe One Coupling, Gutter Attachments And Either A Popup Or Round Grate At The End. The Trencher Attachement Is The Perfect Width For The Pipe. Just Make Sure You Have Negative Drop When Burring The Pipe.

3. Oasis-Outdoor

Oasis-Outdoor LawnSite Member

4. PaperCutter

PaperCutter LawnSite Bronze Member

That's how I spec my jobs- 4" PVC sewer and drain pipe to daylight, and the end cut beveled to match the slope. No need to cap the end.

5. Daily Lawn/Landscape

Daily Lawn/Landscape LawnSite Senior Member

Don't use the corregated. Stick with 4" pvc. Bury gutter attachment to grade and buy a matching piece of gutter to conect to gutter attachment. This will look very professional. At the discharge side use either a pop-uo or angle cut to daylight.

6. SOUTHERNGREENSCAPES

SOUTHERNGREENSCAPES LawnSite Senior Member

Either type of pipe will work fine. Much less cost and labor involved with the corregated, but it has its cons too like you can't run snakes in them if they get clogged, but who is going to put cleanouts every so often so that they can do that anyway. I have done tons of this with no problems, but to each ther own. the only time i run straight pipe is under a patio or something that can never be dug up or carries more weight.

7. AWJ Services

AWJ Services LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Ga

If you use 4 inch pvc you better have a straight trench.

I do not like the single wall corr pipe.
    NDS makes a double wall drain pipe which is what I use.