1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Gutter Polishing - an add on / up sell

Discussion in 'Power Washing' started by Roof Cleaning Virginia, Oct 7, 2012.

1. Roof Cleaning Virginia

Roof Cleaning Virginia LawnSite Member

With house wash services we sometimes up-sell gutter polishing services. I dug this picture up for another forum this evening, yet thought I'd post it here for any that are not familiar with this potential add on. Dramatic results are possible.

What are some of your add-ons?

2. Pressure Washing Maryland

Pressure Washing Maryland LawnSite Member

Ted, you missed a spot.
  3. BrettT

BrettT LawnSite Member

We've been cleaning gutters for years now. We tend to call it gutter brightening or gutter scrub. I just can't imagine polishing gutters! Polishing a car after the wax has been applied is more than enough.

Here's a picture of a gutter we cleaned in Charlottesville, VA.

Jordan Gutters2resize.jpg
  4. Cleantheroof

Cleantheroof LawnSite Member

Great Picture Brett, I brighten every gutter as well with our house wash package. Customers love this type of cleaning.
  5. clydebusa

clydebusa LawnSite Bronze Member

:laugh::laugh::laugh: That is why I viewed the thread, I thought someone was polishing copper. :dizzy::dizzy:
  6. xstatikplus

xstatikplus LawnSite Senior Member

What are you guys using to clean the gutters?
    Posted via Mobile Device
  7. BrettT

BrettT LawnSite Member

Thanks! We offer gutter brightening as an extra. With the splash and dash guys running around doing house washes for 99.00 to 179.00, I wait until I've got them hooked on the house wash, then ask them about the gutters.
  8. BrettT

BrettT LawnSite Member

I have found Purple Power or LA's Totally Awesome works well. Just be careful with the PP. If mixed too strong it will take the paint off. Sometimes, like yesterday, the house wash mix with our soft brush did the trick.
  9. Roof Cleaning Virginia

And we tend to use F13 from PressureTek. It is a little spendy once shipping is factored in yet works very well too.

At 2 bucks per linear ft, we 'polish'. :laugh:
  10. Roof Cleaning Virginia

Although a rather obvious up-sell, on occasion we use a surface cleaner on concrete driveways. This driveway had 10 years worth of growth on it per the homeowner. We chemically treated it first then used a 22" surface cleaner at 8 GPM. This pic shows the first pass: