1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

gutter service?

Discussion in 'Landscape Maintenance' started by nismodude1988, Nov 15, 2012.

1. nismodude1988

nismodude1988 LawnSite Member
    from GA

If i wanted to do maybe a few gutter cleaning on a few clients house like 4 or 5 do u recomend a vacuum and a long j tub or climp up and scape by hand
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. mtdenyer

mtdenyer LawnSite Member

Take a hand trowel on the end of a stick and scrape the wet and clump stuff out. Blow the remainder out with a blower and take up the mess. Quickest easiest and safest way. The vac would take a while and it's easy to get tripped up on.

3. nismodude1988

from GA

Do they make an attachment for the blower or do i gotta be ob the roof
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. jsslawncare

jsslawncare LawnSite Bronze Member

Here's what I do. Single story ONLY. 8' step ladder, I clean them out by hand and as I move the ladder I drag behind it a 8'x8' trap, throwing the leaves on it as I work. I dont have to clean the gutter up or the lawn or anything else. I prefer not using the blower.

5. nismodude1988

from GA

Oh okay what if its a 2 story then?
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. jsslawncare

jsslawncare LawnSite Bronze Member

I'm a part time UPS employee that has GREAT insurance. I get 98% of my income from my business, so for me it's not worth the risk for the $50-60 dollars. I dont want to take a chance on a fall. Single story only.

7. nismodude1988

from GA

Ok thats what im going to do i dont have health insurance and cant risk it either
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. Geo2199

Geo2199 LawnSite Member

I have an tool you can buy that attaches to any power drill. It has spinning brush attachments, bucket scoop for large heavy debris and a water sprayer that you can attach a hose to rinse it all out with. The cool thing is that it has extendable poles that are 4 feet apiece for 2 and 3 story buildings so you don't risk climbing up a latter and falling. I charge $1 a foot for one story and $2 a foot for 2 story or for gutters with large debris (like plants growing out the top).

9. nismodude1988

from GA

Where can i see these tools and possibly buy
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. Geo2199

Geo2199 LawnSite Member

Vertalok. You have to order it online
    Posted via Mobile Device