gutter service?

Discussion in 'Landscape Maintenance' started by nismodude1988, Nov 15, 2012.

1. nismodude1988

nismodude1988 LawnSite Member
    from GA

If i wanted to do maybe a few gutter cleaning on a few clients house like 4 or 5 do u recomend a vacuum and a long j tub or climp up and scape by hand
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. mtdenyer

mtdenyer LawnSite Member

Take a hand trowel on the end of a stick and scrape the wet and clump stuff out. Blow the remainder out with a blower and take up the mess. Quickest easiest and safest way. The vac would take a while and it's easy to get tripped up on.

3. nismodude1988

from GA

Do they make an attachment for the blower or do i gotta be ob the roof
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. jsslawncare

jsslawncare LawnSite Bronze Member

Here's what I do. Single story ONLY. 8' step ladder, I clean them out by hand and as I move the ladder I drag behind it a 8'x8' trap, throwing the leaves on it as I work. I dont have to clean the gutter up or the lawn or anything else. I prefer not using the blower.

5. nismodude1988

from GA

Oh okay what if its a 2 story then?
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. jsslawncare

jsslawncare LawnSite Bronze Member

I'm a part time UPS employee that has GREAT insurance. I get 98% of my income from my business, so for me it's not worth the risk for the $50-60 dollars. I dont want to take a chance on a fall. Single story only.

7. nismodude1988

from GA

Ok thats what im going to do i dont have health insurance and cant risk it either
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. Geo2199

Geo2199 LawnSite Member

I have an tool you can buy that attaches to any power drill. It has spinning brush attachments, bucket scoop for large heavy debris and a water sprayer that you can attach a hose to rinse it all out with. The cool thing is that it has extendable poles that are 4 feet apiece for 2 and 3 story buildings so you don't risk climbing up a latter and falling. I charge $1 a foot for one story and $2 a foot for 2 story or for gutters with large debris (like plants growing out the top).

9. nismodude1988

from GA

Where can i see these tools and possibly buy
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. Geo2199

Geo2199 LawnSite Member

Vertalok. You have to order it online
    Posted via Mobile Device