1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by Kgrebs, Aug 14, 2006.

1. Kgrebs

Kgrebs LawnSite Member

There really is no good place for this question so I am going to try and post it here. I am looking for some add on services and thought about holiday lighting and was also looking towards gutter cleaning. I really was looking to find if anyone did this and how it has worked out.

As always, thanks for the help.
  2. hickslawns

hickslawns LawnSite Member

We do some gutter cleaning and it does pretty good. Just watch out for the wasp/bee nests. Don't want to do a jig on the roof. For a standard pitched single story we charge $40-50. More if it is a steeper pitch and you have to do it from a ladder. 2 story houses are $50-75 depending on pitch and how much you have to do with moving ladders around. I have had a few higher, but typically try to stay away from anything with nasty roof pitches or anything a 32' ladder can't reach. Good luck.
  3. ozd12005

ozd12005 LawnSite Senior Member

just added this service this season and has been quick easy money, Then again I used to install gutters so walking any roof isnt a problem for me :walking: although osha wouldnt approve of my methods :nono:
  4. Dunn's

Dunn's LawnSite Bronze Member

yes gutter cleaning can be very beneficail but also alot of people don't want to pay much for it. Most think 20-25 is to high but that all depends on where you live/work our housees average from 100k to 190k. so what the heck give it a try doesn't cost you much in equipment We use a trashcan lid, yardwaste bag, ladder,leather gloves, blower, and their hose.so if you get 4-5 five customers its paid for the ladder if you don't have one already.