Gutters

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lawnboy, Oct 26, 2000.

1. lawnboy

lawnboy LawnSite Senior Member

hey I was just wondering how many of you do gutters, and how much you charge. I personally hate doing it, so I usually stay away from it, but lately I have been getting alot of calls.

2. machine

machine LawnSite Member
    from OH

Lawnboy, I have done gutters for years, they are very easy. I choose to do roofs that are flat or with a low pitch. I use a backpack blower and I am done within a halfhour tops. I charge anyware to 65 to 95.

I would advise, to do the gutters when the tempatures are above the freezing level. Also, you made need to get a rider on your insurance policy, because some policies don't cover gutter cleaning. And if you have a friend in the roofing business, get some of his/her cards; I spot alot of problems with roofs that need repair, because I am the only one that is up on the roof year after year. There is couple more hundred in your pocket for the referral. I don't think it is bad work, It fills slow time when you have it.

3. geogunn

geogunn LawnSite Gold Member
    from TN

mercy...machine!

from mowing, landscaping, and speculation...to gutter cleaning.

is there anything that's off limits?;)

GEO

4. "Also, you made need to get a rider on your insurance policy, because some policies don't cover gutter cleaning."

Machine, this is the guy who posted the "Life Sucks" thread.

He doesn't buy insurance.

Now he's going to do gutters!

Life Sucks!

5. tpirobert

tpirobert LawnSite Member

I do gutters only for exisiting lawn accounts only. At one time I had people that called only for gutters. I consider this a courtesy type service. My customers don't have to try and find someone else to stick ladder thru window pane. I only do those gutters that can be reached with 16foot ladder or walking on roof. It's good money, but one slip off roof.....

6. lawnboy11

lawnboy11 Banned

Pretty easy $$$, but know your limits and be careful. I won't do anything I'm not comfortable with. If you do them at the same time as the fall clean up you can just toss all the crap onto the lawn and clean it up as you go later. Don't try to bag the stuff, it's a pain and dangerous. You can also leave a big green barrel below you to throw debris into.

7. mykee

mykee LawnSite Member

OH BOY OH BOY OH BOY ANOTHER NEW GUY ASKING ABOUT GUTTERS
    I LOVE IT BECAUSE I CAN REMEMBER A COUPLE MONTHS AGO WHEN I POSTED ABOUT THE SAME SUBJECT
    YOU ARE IN FOR A TREAT WITH THAT POST
    YOU WILL GET ALL THE IMPUT YOU EVER WANTED AND MORE
    DRINK IT ALL IN AND DO WHAT YOU THINK IS RIGHT THATS WHAT I DID
    I DONT DO A TON OF THAT WORK AND IT IS ALL FOR EXISTING CUSTOMERS BUT I HAVE FOUND IT TO BE WORTH MY TIME FOR THE MONEY ESPECIALLY IN ADDITION TO THE CUSTOMERS OTHER JOBS

8. machine

machine LawnSite Member
    from OH

plymouthvaliant73, I would get your facts straight, If I were you. You definitely do not want to open yourself up to a defamation and liable suit.

9. Vandora Lawn & Landscape

Vandora Lawn & Landscape LawnSite Senior Member

Gentleman, lets keep it civil.

10. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

Lawnboy did start the Life Sucks thread. The way Plymouthvaliant73 wrote his post, I guess you could take it either way, but I took it as he was telling you that Lawnboy started that thread, not that you had started it.