guy selling out, check out his asking price

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by promower, Mar 30, 2006.

1. promower

promower LawnSite Bronze Member

A friend of mine saw an add in the paper about a guy selling out his lawn / snow business and gave him a call. They talked for a while, he said he grossed 55K off 55 lawn and 45 snow plow accounts (sounds low to me) He has a total of 23K worth of equipment. Can anyone gues how much he wants for his business????

Drum roll......................90K is the lowest he will go but wants to try and get 100K

I think this guy is in for a rude awakening

2. JJLandscapes

JJLandscapes LawnSite Senior Member

every company i see for sale wants that same amount of money guaranteed some idiot will buy him out and yes that 55k gross cant be right with 55 lawns and 45 snow accounts unless it snows 1 day a year and the grass grows for 6 months lol

3. promower

promower LawnSite Bronze Member

well actually here the grass does only grow 6 months out of the year in WI, but we did get 9 snow events last year. That aside, being very very optimistic lets say this guy netted $27,500 or 50% of his gross earnings, an unreasonable assumption. He's asking 3 years of what the accounts would net just to buy the accounts, and then 20K on top of that for some equipment, ridiculous. If I dropped 65K in advertisng I can gurantee I would get a lot more then 55 new accounts. I think this guy was smoking the grass not cutting it.

4. Albemarle Lawn

Albemarle Lawn LawnSite Bronze Member

seems like that where all the "sell-high" optimists wind up here.