guy was fired from his job for-

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by jeffex, Mar 12, 2006.

1. jeffex

jeffex LawnSite Bronze Member

I heard a story last week about a guy who was fired from his job for having a side business that had a sign on his truck that read lawn service-ALL AMERICAN WORKERS . He drove his truck and trailer to his day job then did his lawns after work. I haven't been able to google the exact story but I believe his full time employer was afraid that hispanics would blame his company for being anti-hispanic so they canned him. what the hel&!!!!! another American bites the dust to "POLITICAL CORRECTNESS"

2. RonB

RonB LawnSite Senior Member

Don't think I'd want someone that politically incorrect (like I am doing now by not using the word he deserves) working for me either. Surely not announcing it with a sign on the truck.

3. Roger

Roger LawnSite Fanatic

4. Splicer

Splicer LawnSite Senior Member

Jesus, Mary & Joseph!!! Hellooooo:hammerhead: ...In case any of you bleeding heart liberals care to remember an American can be hispanic or oriental or indian even!!! And god-forbid yes, even caucasins!!! Advertising that you hire all American workers only helps to prove you are a legit company!

C'mon guys!! What the hell is wrong with you?:confused: :usflag:

5. jeffex

jeffex LawnSite Bronze Member

Thats the story. I heard it on the radio and was amazed. Its not like he was putting anyone down. He was trying to attract customers that may appreciate a company that doesn't hire people of questionable citizenship, or that they can talk to the workes that show up at thier house.

6. OnMyOwn

OnMyOwn LawnSite Senior Member

Heads up!

How many American Indian LCO's are on this site?

If you are not a 100% true American Indian, then you are a foreigner, about (10) generations removed. Those of you against foreign workforce should remember your American History lessons regarding the Statue of Liberty?

"Keep ancient lands, your storied pomp!" cries she
    with silent lips. "Give me your tired, your poor,
    Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
    The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
    Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me,
    I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

This is America. If the folks are legal / legit workers, they have as much right to be here as you!

7. DSIM

DSIM LawnSite Senior Member

I feel the same way he does concerning what he had on his truck!:usflag:

More power to him! I dont want any illegals working for me. I know that many in this business and many others have gotten wealthy off of the cheap labor and abundant supply of illegals in this country but I want no part of it. Not just because its "illegal", but because of the influx of millions of them who dont care about becoming a U.S. citizen and dont care to learn our language but want to establish their culture here and take all the free benefits they can get from us taxpayers.
    I am sick of Americans bending over backwards to keep from offending anyone! The Constitutions does not guarantee freedom from offense. I'm offended at how our country has removed Christian religious symbols from public places to keep from offending those of other religions!

We recently had a Dallas school principle or superintendent who wanted to hire illegal Mexicans to teach spanish!! Guess what? The person who asked for this is Mexican.

I cant keep from thinking that this person does not have the same values. Does not the term illegal mean anything anymore???:hammerhead:

I have many mexican friends but I am prejudice against illegals. So I like the what this man had on his trailer and I can relate to his rationale for doing so.

I like what this one preacher said. he said, your welcome to come to our home, just don't re-arrange the furniture!:)

8. DSIM

DSIM LawnSite Senior Member

I think what we are discussing is the term American. If anyone is a U.S. citizen, then they are American and could be hired by this man. Its the illegals he's concerned about, and rightly so.

9. OnMyOwn

OnMyOwn LawnSite Senior Member

Agreed,

but what about immigrant workers, or H2B certified workers?

10. Splicer

Splicer LawnSite Senior Member

Talk to me brother...What is a H2B?:confused: