1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Guy wears helmet when mowing with a 19'' push?????

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by pinnacle, Aug 27, 2003.

1. pinnacle

pinnacle LawnSite Senior Member

When You think you've seen just about every thing you pull up to do an estimate and the guy that lives next door is mowing with a 19'' and wearing a bike helmet and knee pads :confused:
    I had to leave and come back latter because I was rolling around the inside of my UTE and I just couldn't stop. I wish I had a camera with me. You probably had to be there. :D
  2. FrankenScagMachines

FrankenScagMachines LawnSite Platinum Member
    from IN

What?! No pictures?! I keep my digital camera in the truck just for those special moments!
  3. A1 Lawn@Landscapes

A1 Lawn@Landscapes LawnSite Member

He could have a disability. A couple companies like that up my way. They need the helmet in case of a seizure to avoid further brain damage.
  4. thartz

thartz LawnSite Senior Member

Inner ear infection that causes his equilibrium to be out of whack?
  5. pinnacle

I landed the house next door to this guy and I'm going to be tacking the cammera with me when I mow this place. Just hoping to be there while hes mowing a some stage and i'll post some pics of this moreon.
    The guys neighbor said he has mowed that way for years and years and as far as she can tell he's just plan crazy:dizzy:
  6. dvmcmrhp52

dvmcmrhp52 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Pa.

Maybe he's running one of those electric mowers that he carts around with a bicycle cart???Needs the pads and helmet to get to the next job!
  7. rotgg

rotgg LawnSite Member

i do to is there something wrong with that i can take some pics of myself and post them if u like
  8. pinnacle

Please do rotgg
  9. Rustic Goat

Rustic Goat LawnSite Bronze Member

pinnacle, you've just got to figure a way to start a conversation with this guy and work up to the point of asking about the Evil Knievel look.
  10. pinnacle

Yeh, I don't know mate.
    "I just noticed you out mowing and I was just wondering why you are wearing a helmet and knee pads" The whole time I would be trying not to start rolling around laughing. The guy would look funny even with out the "Evil Knievel look"
    But one day I might do it arfter i've seen it a few more times and the novelty has worn off. I imagin arfter seeing this guy a few more times I'll just think its plan sad.