Guys any ideas on a fix for this.

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by spazfam, May 17, 2007.

1. spazfam

spazfam LawnSite Member

Have a elderly friend of my parents who would like to fix her garden but is of course on a budget. Any ideas on fixes and approximate costs. Any help would be appreciated. As you can see it has shifted and now leans on the fence pretty heavy.

Molly garden.jpg

2. Grn Mtn

Grn Mtn LawnSite Senior Member

how about more info, like what kind of fixes? What kind of budget? $1000?

3. tthomass

tthomass LawnSite Gold Member
    from N. VA

for one, i'd like a tree in the back to break the line of sight to the parking lot

4. forestfireguy

forestfireguy LawnSite Senior Member
    from nj

Push it back in and put in some more short fence posts behind the landscape timbers.

5. spazfam

spazfam LawnSite Member

Budget probably 1000-1500 and fixes ...relieve pressure off fences on right side and rear. The garden is fine its the structure that needs attention. Her late husband built it about 20 years ago. I have a few more pics but having trouble uploading them. I will keep trying.

6. spazfam

spazfam LawnSite Member

Here are some additional pics.

273350558403_0_BG.jpg

673350558403_0_BG2.jpg

382601958403_0_BG.jpg

7. PerfectEarth

PerfectEarth LawnSite Bronze Member

RUN!!! RUN!!! ugh

8. Lite4

Lite4 LawnSite Gold Member

From what I can see the bottom timbers have probably rotted away after 20 years of rain and watering. Doesn't seem like too much. I would buy some new timbers because of limited budget knowing it will have to be replaced again at some time down the road and just rebuild the base and restack the keystone. 3-4 hours with 2 guys. This one seems pretty straight forward.

9. spazfam

spazfam LawnSite Member

So do I need to do anything with the base after I dig it away from the fences? should I lay gravel down first? I thought about placing 2 rows of cement blocks below grade to shore up the corners along the fence and then add timbers above grade.

10. jreiff

jreiff LawnSite Senior Member
    from MN

aahhhhh, just push it back level with the bobcat and call it good.