1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Guys, Here's The VIDEO Showing My Rubber Track Machine--I Finally Got it Posted

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by Bob E G, Feb 10, 2007.

1. Bob E G

Bob E G LawnSite Member
    from 53717

I Finally got this posted--I had trouble uploading it.

Great traction and lower maintenance. Also, if you are interested, my machine is FOR SALE--posted in "....Marketplace".

Here's the VIDEO LINK: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQLXKWEfZyU
  2. DiyDave

DiyDave LawnSite Bronze Member

Nice video. Had a friend who had a set of that type of tracks his had air in the tires and he had trouble with the inner tires going flat. Are these tires solid or pneumatic?
  3. thefed

thefed LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ohio

looks like a blast!
  4. mrusk

mrusk LawnSite Gold Member

Looks good!
  5. Bob E G

Bob E G LawnSite Member
    from 53717

Not sure why your friend had trouble. I've never had trouble. These are Goodyear pneumatic tires. I've never had a flat. This is my second machine I've put these on--I liked the first setup so much.
  6. vntgrcr

vntgrcr LawnSite Senior Member

Can you tell us what brand of tracks those are and where you purchased them. Maybe even a website.Thanks
  7. Bob E G

Bob E G LawnSite Member
    from 53717

They are Goodyear brand (trackman tracks). They come with the tracks and the special tires and rims--and the tires are lower profile so that them machine is "track ready". They will also paint the rims the color of your machine. Go to the goodyear website and you should find them. I did my research and they are the best tracks out there. Good luck. Let me know if you can't find them.

8. ksss

ksss LawnSite Fanatic

CASE offered those on the 90 and 95XT for about 5 years. They were problematic. Maybe on a machine that is lighter and less powerful they would work. The tires and rims are the weak part of that system. Going to solid tires would help. They don't hold up to a heavy duty work cycle.
  9. Bob E G

Bob E G LawnSite Member
    from 53717

I think you might be mistaken. The tracks that were problematic, that many of the dealers were offering, were the SOLIDEAL brand tracks. The ran loose, as opposed to tight. And, yes, they did damage rims. In fact, they had to offer special heavy duty rims to try to avoid damage. Overall a rather poor product. Goodyear is a proven product that has been around a long time. This is my second machine with these tracks and not a single problem.
  10. Bob E G

Bob E G LawnSite Member
    from 53717

Also, you cannot run solid tires with this type of system, or you could create a problem.