1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Guys in Eastern and Central North Carolina

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by WJW Lawn, Sep 1, 2006.

1. WJW Lawn

WJW Lawn LawnSite Bronze Member

How long are you guys gonna wait before you get back to cutting? I know out East you guys got a lot more rain...but this thing is clearing off and moving up the coast...so when will you head back out to cut?
  2. Brendan Smith

Brendan Smith LawnSite Bronze Member

i'm about 2.5 hrs south of you, and it'll be dry enough this afternoon.
  3. WJW Lawn

Thats what I was thinking...it may be do-able later today.
  4. befnme

befnme LawnSite Bronze Member

we are just gonna do shrub maintenance today . prob get back to cutting tomm.
  5. lawnwizards

lawnwizards LawnSite Silver Member

i'm in kentucky and i'm still getting rain. had to cut in the rain yesterday and got 7 done. have over 1000 dollars in grass that has yet to be cut, and i hate working on sundays...
  6. WJW Lawn

Well I know the Lawns have been getting doused in a lot of places...but Im hoping they'll hold up okay when cutting. Thats my main concern.
  7. grass-scapes

grass-scapes LawnSite Bronze Member

Its STILL raining here. I took the mower to my own yard and about got stuck....Id rather my customers be mad I didn't cut them this week than be mad I messed up their lawn.

I will go back to mowing residentials on Tuesday.
  8. dKoester

dKoester LawnSite Gold Member

We're cutting tommorrow!!
  9. GrassMonkey

GrassMonkey LawnSite Member

We planned to cut today but after touring a few yards we were not willing to tear the yards with the Z's or walkbehinds. I would rather wait than tear up a yard. Should be good tomorrow. I see guys out cutting all the time just after a rain storm and don't understand how they get away with it.

Is anyone running a diesel Z mower? They are substantially heavier than the gas powered mowers. How are the lawns standing up to 1600lbs per week?