guys in the south

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by LawnPro19, Feb 3, 2008.

1. LawnPro19

LawnPro19 LawnSite Senior Member

for you guys in the south...louisiana,miss.,bama,etc... when do yall usually start cutting for the season... march????

2. dbroken64

dbroken64 LawnSite Member

Last year I started cutting the 2 week in February but this year so far it has rained almost every other day and the ground is like mush. It has been cooler too so the weeds really have not started yet.

3. GravelyNut

GravelyNut LawnSite Bronze Member

Down here it never stops. Goes from weekly to biweekly, to atleast once a month. But never stop entirely.

4. Armadillolawncare

Armadillolawncare LawnSite Senior Member

I am same as GravelyNut I mow once a month December, January and February then I will start biweekly in March.

5. dwlah

dwlah LawnSite Senior Member
    from Argo Al

Havent really stopped with the cleanups around here about half my customers want a fall cleanup the other half want to wait til after the first of the year
    regular mowing will be up and running mid March and up to full speed by the first week of April

6. the scaper

the scaper LawnSite Senior Member

We start doing spring cleanups 1st of March and then start into the mowing schedule. Fescue starts early and the Zoisia and burmuda come in later.

7. Grits

Grits LawnSite Silver Member
    from Florida

Have been doing a few here and there. But in March it picks up and April is full swing. I'm in northwest florida.

8. zima

zima LawnSite Member

by weekly march and april,weekly may to sep and by weekly oct nov and dec

9. RD 12

RD 12 LawnSite Member

Usally cutting weeds right now but alot of rain,First week of March we will start going all out.

10. fertguy2008

fertguy2008 LawnSite Member

Always nice to take a few visits now to the end of march and get the warm season turfgrass cut down. Every couple of weeks for fescue until march