Guys it is getting bad in this industry

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by ProStreetCamaro, Jul 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. baileylawnservice

baileylawnservice LawnSite Senior Member

What country are you mowing in? Yards that size here I get 35$ for and I am actually lower then some others.
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. orlawncaresvc

orlawncaresvc LawnSite Senior Member

What a bunch of bitter gringos!
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. HusqvarnaRules

HusqvarnaRules LawnSite Member

I agree! Too much bitching/whining over things out of your control leads to less productivity.

4. dandd75

dandd75 LawnSite Member

The decline of the blue collar worker began not with the stream of illegals across our borders, but when made in China became the defacto imprint on any consumer good.

5. jrs.landscaping

jrs.landscaping LawnSite Silver Member
    from Maine

Last time I checked tradesmen weren't a Chinese Export.

6. dandd75

dandd75 LawnSite Member

No, tradesmen are not. But the death of manufacting jobs, is where it all started. Tradesmen are but the last victims.
    What I mean is that if most people will buy junk made in China to save a buck, has we have been doing in America for around 30 years, what makes anyone surpised that they will act any different with tradesmen, as has been the case the last 10 to 20 years.
    Most care not who made/performed the item/work they purchased, only the price.

7. SNAPPER MAN

SNAPPER MAN LawnSite Silver Member

Sorry us Hispanics work harder, faster, and do a better job for less money. Lmao
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. jrs.landscaping

jrs.landscaping LawnSite Silver Member
    from Maine

Goods provided by legal corporations from any country is different than services or goods provided by illegal companies/persons from within our borders. When foreign companies start building decks or mowing lawns over the WWW your point will be validated. Illegal labor is at the forefront of putting a lot of hard working taxpayers out of business. The industrial revolution is a bygone era and stable jobs like that may never return, so we should all be trying to keep the skill jobs that are still available to blue collar workers.

9. dandd75

dandd75 LawnSite Member

My point is that in this economy the lowest price of any good or service will win. Is this not how capitalism works??? Those that cannot compete will close.
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. cpllawncare

cpllawncare LawnSite Silver Member

yep and capitalism is on it's way out to. I'm still picking up accounts that the lowballers just can't compete on, it's called quality! My slogan is we fix $25 yards, I get new ones everyday people ARE catching on to the lowballers game of mow and go leaving a trail of destruction everywhere they go.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2012
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.