Guys it is getting bad in this industry

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by ProStreetCamaro, Jul 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. larryinalabama

larryinalabama LawnSite Fanatic

I guess theyll join the people underground at that price.

2. Toy2

Toy2 LawnSite Bronze Member

Being of Latino decent, tracing roots back to Spainard, Indian......American first always.....but as my co-workers call us the brown people.......its all f'ed up.......the border needs to be shut down, I've said it before, they have the market, all of it, if it requires some sort of test, your safe, but even then some are working under someones license for a fee.......who's gonna walk 10 miles a day with a trimmer for $ 8.00???? They will........they rent a house here and pack the whole family, so if 5 of them make $400 a week, they put it into a pot and buy what they need/want.....I've seen it first hand.....its crazy.......

3. cgaengineer

cgaengineer LawnSite Fanatic

No, this isn't true...;) they most certainly don't pack like sardines into house and trucks.

I've seen seen 6 of them in a reg cab Isuzu NPR.
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. ProStreetCamaro

ProStreetCamaro LawnSite Platinum Member

You my friend are a good wise man. You sound like my friends sisters husband. He is here legal. He trained to be a meat cutter and got certified and got a job at Safeway making $22 an hour. Hard working honest guy that did it the right way. I would gladly stand by him in any situation. It is the guys that do exactly like you said that really makes my blood boil. On top of it the extra money gets sent back to family back home.

5. Toy2

Toy2 LawnSite Bronze Member

Years ago you had to pay the price for someones knowledge, not anymore, plumbers, roofers, all the trades.....now its all screwed up.......and people in this day and age are having to pay the bare minimum to get by.....

I just proved it tonight, had a zone go bad Friday at home, valve buried somewhere, spent a few hours Saturday and Sunday probing...no luck, broke down and called around today for someone with a 521, $70.00 to $80.00 for a service call........................decided to call in a favor to a brown, who called another brown, who called another............guy got here at 1915, left at 1940........found the valve box under 4'' of grass and dirt..............total??????

$20.00??????????????

6. inzane

inzane LawnSite Silver Member

i have a friend that will cut any lawn for $15.00 2 weeks ago this lady handed him $25.00 before he started cutting, he handed her back 10, said he only charged 15.. she said, but it is a little long in the back. took him 2 hours to cut.. for $15 dollars. it doesn't stop here.. it just pisses me off. He works for an average of 7.50 an hour cutting grass when he could work extra hours at his job and make $28 dollars an hour overtime. dumbass.. lol.

7. Lugnut

Lugnut LawnSite Senior Member

Yet DOT can pull us over for safety inspections whenever they please.

8. cgaengineer

Holy cow! Worth every penny...and a tip!
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. scotts lawn care

scotts lawn care LawnSite Senior Member

Wow! So he drove out, found the valve, worked for 30 minutes, and drove back for $20.00? The ? is......did he make any money by charging what he did? :confused:

10. cgaengineer

Who cares as long as you are the one paying!
    Posted via Mobile Device

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.