1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Guys it is getting bad in this industry

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by ProStreetCamaro, Jul 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cgaengineer

cgaengineer LawnSite Fanatic

At least he's honest and didn't overcharge her! ;)
    Posted via Mobile Device
  2. ProStreetCamaro

ProStreetCamaro LawnSite Platinum Member

You my friend are a good wise man. You sound like my friends sisters husband. He is here legal. He trained to be a meat cutter and got certified and got a job at Safeway making $22 an hour. Hard working honest guy that did it the right way. I would gladly stand by him in any situation. It is the guys that do exactly like you said that really makes my blood boil. On top of it the extra money gets sent back to family back home.
  3. Toy2

Toy2 LawnSite Bronze Member

Not sure of that...LOL, I work for the Government, at a State level, which is f'ed up as well, my job is secure as no illegal could even get hired, but we(gov)are really screwed, alot of waste, alot of turn the other cheek kind of crap......but its a job thats secure, I can see exactly what Obama is trying to do.......destroy it all...by locking you into the crap.....sad
  4. ProStreetCamaro

ProStreetCamaro LawnSite Platinum Member

:laugh: Dont even get me started on the government. :cry:
  5. Toy2

That was his price, I was blown away, I really was, I saved $60+, but who really wins or loses?????

Me or him, or the guy trying to run a legit company.....again, we are all screwed.....you really are "on your own"....
  6. Toy2

Trust me, if I could get out, I would, just no jobs in this area, I mow a couple yards just to have some spending money and avoid getting fatter.....
  7. scotts lawn care

scotts lawn care LawnSite Senior Member

Well said;)
  8. orangemower

orangemower LawnSite Silver Member
    from pa

It's a huge population but take away all the illegals and see how fast it drops and prices go up. I was down in DC on Sunday visiting a customer that's been in the hospital for over 6 months and is on a vent. Everywhere I looked there was spanish written advertisements or for store front shops. I thought to myself, how in the hell would I know what they sell (not that I'd even go in a place like that) if I can't read the sign? They should be using the English language and learn to speak it too IF they're in my country legally.
  9. pinto n mwr

pinto n mwr LawnSite Senior Member
    from gr8, mn

Pretty sure one could get out if one wanted to.

Where would one find such a cushy job, only forty hours per week and get paid more than the private sector for doing the same work. And the benefits.........
  10. 2ExploreTech

2ExploreTech LawnSite Member

The wannabee-entrepreneur in me is thinking, why should someone else be responsible for creating 'jobs'. I'm sure there exists in all our towns, cities, counties something that is profitable, at least in the small to med scale, that we (or I ) can create or at least improve upon. In that sense if Plan A or B doesn't work, then on to C... I know, I know, easy to say , often challenging to do.

Been thinking of that around here recently...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.