Guys my phone is not ringing!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by TheKingNJ, Mar 14, 2004.

1. TheKingNJ

TheKingNJ LawnSite Senior Member

This year I was planning on going full time but I don't think I have the accounts. I have an ad in our local newspaper, put pull-tab flyers in a lot of stores, handed out a ton of business cards and mailed out a few flyers. NOT ONE NEW ACCOUNT. I've gotten several calls for hardscape jobs(which i don't do yet) and like 2 calls from houses out of my range but i'm not getting anything.

Is it still early? Should I plan on keeping my day job? What is a good way to rack up some quick accounts? I'm in some trouble!!

2. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

start to go door to door of the commerical accounts
    try some door hangers
    referral discounts to current customers for more customers

3. mtdman

mtdman LawnSite Gold Member

IMO, it's too early to worry about all that. Most of my calls don't even start until April.

4. specialtylc

specialtylc LawnSite Bronze Member

As he said above. AND KEEP YOUR DAY JOB. If you dont have enough accounts.

5. kdmaint

kdmaint LawnSite Member

Dont feel bad king same problem over here but we still are getting snow flurries off and on dont worry all hell will break lose as soon as the weather does I feel its still early even though the guy down the street has started his cleanups one nice week of weather and ever body jumps just be calm the work is out thier.

6. TheKingNJ

TheKingNJ LawnSite Senior Member

yeah i guess it's still a little early I have an add in the paper and it runs out at the end of march, i was wondering if i sould bother to renew it because it has been so worth less to me and it cost me almost 300 bucks for 5 weeks.

7. mtdman

mtdman LawnSite Gold Member

I'm not a big fan of newspaper ads.

8. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

have to agree with mtd, never been a big fan of newspaper ads. Brainstorm ideas, even the most crazy idea for getting customers could be the best one.

9. NCSULandscaper

NCSULandscaper Banned

Im the opposite, i am a big fan of newspaper ads, i get alot of work on my ad i keep running 12 months a year.

10. promower

promower LawnSite Bronze Member

Early here yet, its funny if we get a nice day (40 and sunny right now) I'll get 2-4 calls, last few days have been colder and grey out and not 1 call.