1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

guys really pissing me off!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by sodgod, Dec 23, 2004.

1. sodgod

sodgod LawnSite Member

I don't know if you remember the pictures i posted about a month back of the sidewalk. I am still trying to get a hold of the guy.....he called once but i was out working. I've left atleast 3 messages so far and no return....the only thing that doesn't have me worried is that he lives right down the street. worst comes to worst...i get some chalk and write a big dollar sign on his new walkway...maybe that will get the point across. I'm startin to get the real idea of this business stuff....so far everyone has paid in full without any problem...even bonuses. This better not happen to me alot....but i have a bad feeling it will in the future. what is it with people....? do you think us landscapers forget about couple hundred dollar jobs?

2. Travis Followell

Travis Followell LawnSite Silver Member
    from KY

I'd sure make him pay one way or the other and I would be sure he paid me every last penny that he owed.

3. cleancutccl

cleancutccl LawnSite Senior Member

contracts make most of that go away, even then you still have a few people that think you will just go away and not want the money that you worked hard to earn.

4. kris

kris LawnSite Bronze Member
    from nowhere

Well why don't you go down the street and pound on his door? Id be there every day including Christmas day if I had to.

5. out4now

out4now LawnSite Bronze Member
    from AZ

Should have borrowed Bobby's shovel before he left, lol.

6. crawdad

crawdad LawnSite Bronze Member

Yes! That's the ticket! Go there Christmas day, when he has company, he'll pay you. it's either pay you or be a cheapskate in front of company. Be polite, smile, and ask for your check. Merry Christmas!
    Crawdad

7. YardPro

YardPro LawnSite Gold Member

i like the dollar sign in chalk on the drive

8. lpwhandyman

lpwhandyman LawnSite Member

I think everybody should get a Bobby Shovel for Christmas. If the customers see us coming with it, they know they better have that check filled out and signed by the time we reach their door. But seriously......I agree, go knock on the guys door. Tomorrow is a great day for collections.

9. Tech man

Tech man LawnSite Member

You need one of these...

jesse james.jpg

10. meathead1134

meathead1134 LawnSite Senior Member

Jesse James is one bad AZZ dude