guys still in school

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by Mowerboy04, Jun 16, 2005.

1. Mowerboy04

Mowerboy04 LawnSite Bronze Member

how in the heck do you guys study for finials and cut all your lawns. i had 2 finials today and 2 tmmrow but i havent cut any lawns this week and its suppose to rain all weekend what do i do now. :help:
  2. splatz100

splatz100 LawnSite Senior Member

you're still in school?? we got out on the 20th of May
  3. Mowerboy04

Mowerboy04 LawnSite Bronze Member

yes i am still in school i get out tmmrow
  4. pagefault

pagefault LawnSite Senior Member

It's a little late for this now, but when I was in college, I studied a little whenever I had time, throughout the semester, which meant I had a lot less to do when finals rolled around.

Of course, there were plenty of all-nighters too. Considering that those typically started around 7:00 PM, they should not impact your mowing schedule.

Put your notes on 3x5 cards and review them for 5-10 minutes between lawns and then go over that information in your head while you mow.
  5. RedWingsDet

RedWingsDet LawnSite Gold Member
    from Detroit

simple as this... I DONT STUDY...

I just pay attention in class...

I have 6 teachers, and I do landscape work and cut for 10 teachers at my school (they all know I have my own co, and im the only kid at school with a nice new big honkin truck with sides and lettering) lol

anyway with that said, I learn alot better when Im more personal with my teachers, its easyier for me to concentrate for some reason.

so ya I just pay attention when im in school. Plus if I had good grades throughout the year, I could careless what I get on my final. If I have a B and B for 3rd and 4th, I could careless If i get a D on my final.

I dont think Ive ever studied. IMO its not worth it... Im tired all the time because I usually work from 3:30-9pm or so during the school week, so I come home and crash... now in order for me to get a good study in, I'd have to come home 2 hours early, now I rather make $200 extra for those extra 2 hours than study.

I never studyed and havent brought a book home in 3 years of hs. I just do the homework in school and pay attention that way school is school and work is work and sleep is sleep.
  6. Lawn Masters

Lawn Masters LawnSite Senior Member

I havent studied since I was in 1st grade. I just absorb alll the information, think about it while I mow, and then, come time for the tests, I almost ALWAYS ace em, the lowest I've gotten was a C. just pay attention, and dont screw around in class.
  7. liquidforcedude7

liquidforcedude7 LawnSite Senior Member
    from america

I know im in 7th grade so its not all that hard but this year I managed to pull out straight A's and never studied once. One of my frinds at school has his own "company" quite bigger than mine (we cant compete cause neither of us can do outside our neighborhoods) and he subed out real cheap mulch work for one of the teachers and got extra credit for it. But if I were to get into a major bind I would just call the homeowner and tell them whats going on and they should say like "good for you academics should come first" or sumthing gay like that and if they disaprove then either charge them an arm and a leg or just drop em.
  8. mkwl

mkwl LawnSite Bronze Member

I am a Freshman in High School, and I am having my first final tomorrow. I have finals all next week, and I don't get out until June 28th. However I don't go back until September 1st :) . I mow 2-3 lawns in an afternoon, then as soon as I finnish it is up to my bedroom to study until around 10:30PM. I have been studying for finals for quite a while now, so I'm pretty well prepared. Think about what you are having on your final(s) the next day while you're mowing, it helps, it works pretty well for me!
  9. RedWingsDet

RedWingsDet LawnSite Gold Member
    from Detroit

man if I was a freshmen I would have done stuff so differently... just some words of advice, dont go all in at once like I did, its a big head ache, and tons of stress. and if you can, wait until your out of hs or college to start your own co. Sometimes I wish I did, but then when I get the checks Im glad I didnt. ya win some ya lose some
  10. redoak77

redoak77 LawnSite Senior Member

I did a couple of the all nighters this year. i had practice 3-5, mowed 5:30-9:00 ate dinner and started studyin till i just fell asleep Also if ur schedule is easy on one day, see if you can move an exam from a hard dasy to even everything out.
    MKWL I got out june 4th anddont go back till sept