Guys that are looking for a new hedge trimmer

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by Fubba, May 11, 2006.

1. Fubba

Fubba LawnSite Senior Member

I bought a new Stihl HL 100 K this morning before starting my first large commercial job. Ran it for 2 1/2 hours this morning. Articulating head is AWESOME. Only thing is the weight. I don't know how the other brands are. I've heard pretty bad reviews about the articulating head units of other brands. However, it is balanced extremely well. There were some hedges along a wall. Tops were about 10-12 feet above where I was standing. Turned the head 90 degrees and went right along. Really amazing how this thing works. Went through almost three tanks of gas. :rolleyes: So for anyone looking for one as I was last week, the Stihl HL 100 K is the one you need.

2. zero_turn_mowers

zero_turn_mowers LawnSite Senior Member

I have been using a Stihl HS80 that seems to be heavy after using it for awhile, I bought a Echo HC150 today, it rained most of the day so I didnt get to use them yet, BTW the only reason I bought the Echo is because my Stihl is 3 years old and is down at the moment.

Tim

3. ThirdDay

ThirdDay LawnSite Senior Member

We use the Echo HC-150's and are very happy with them. Seems to be the perfect blade length for most jobs and they are very lightweight.

We also have the Echo HCA-260 which is the articulating pole hedge clipper like mentioned above. Lightweight, well balanced and very easy to use.

4. joeg2246

joeg2246 LawnSite Member

I bought the Echo SHC-260 it does not articulate but it does have a 7 degree bend so with me being 6'2" it is pretty easy to get the tops of hedges. The weight seems fine to me also.

5. Microbe

Microbe LawnSite Member

I have the Echo Sc-260 also. Awsome toy! lol... I have the one with the articulating head and all I have to say is that its the best tool I ever bought for landscaping! I have the stick edger which totally replaced my edger, power pruner attachment and articulating hedge trimmer.