Guys that do high-end residential..need your advice

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Florida Gardener, Oct 5, 2010.

1. When I started my business 2 years ago, I knew I wanted to strictly do high-end residential. I have done good these past 2 years, but I want to keep on the path to my goal.

When I say high-end, I am talking accounts that range from 1-3k/month. Super high-end.

My question is how do I get my first customer?? I know door hangers and flyers aren't happening, so can you guys give me some advice?

The first thing I am doing is changing my business name from Diamond Landscaping to Chris Diamond Gardening and Horticulture b/c Gardening is exclusive and prestigious and gives the customer I am after the sense of high-end.

2. Chilehead

Chilehead LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from Stockbridge, GA

Good luck with those numbers (sincerely). Most of my "super high-end" clients are in the $350-$450 range. That's everything: mowing, edging, clipping collection, trimming hedges, ornamental & lawn chemicals (8 rounds plus 3 disease control), mulch biannually, and annual color biannually. They pay 12 months per year.

3. i have a $350/mo and a $450/mo full maintenance, NO chemicals except roundup, mulch extra.

We have that caliber of accounts around here and that's the market I want to serve.

4. ajslands

ajslands LawnSite Silver Member

My high end clients (only have 2) are like 300$ a month.

best of luck getting 1-3k a month!
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. ajslands

ajslands LawnSite Silver Member

you should take some classes on hedge sculpting into like animals and other things people enjoy.
    Probably make some good money doing that.
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. fobaum

fobaum LawnSite Senior Member

where in south FL are you from Diamond? Im in Davie. I have 5 accounts from 200-275 a month full maint. grass, hedges,date palms,weed control ect... but none I would consider real high end, more like lower high end 2-4 million dollar homes

7. on palm beach island everyone has ficus in some stupid shape.

8. im in jupiter.

2-4M is a nice home, but it must be a small property with St. Aug and low landscape. The homes on palm beach, jupiter island, lost tree have specialty grasses, tons of landscaping,etc.

9. fobaum

fobaum LawnSite Senior Member

Yeah very small lawns, some topiaries but they only take me alone about an hour

10. Az Gardener

Az Gardener LawnSite Gold Member

Their out there, I have several around 1-K, and 5 over 2-K when you get up to 3-k I don't care how much money they have they all have a problem with paying 3 -k for a monthly service you have to figure out how to do it for less. Check your PM.