1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

guys that use equal monthly payments

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bobbygedd, Mar 12, 2004.

1. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

for you guys that total all of the services, divide by 9, 10, 12 months, whatever.....this usually includes standard maintenence=spring /fall cleanups, weekly mowing, fert program. will you also incorporate mulch and shrub trimming into this? or are these services to be paid at time of completion?
  2. mtdman

mtdman LawnSite Gold Member

Everything they anticipate at the beginning of the seasons. Add ons are billed for full price at time of service.

3. Expert Lawns

Expert Lawns LawnSite Silver Member

I have it all in one. If they want weekly maintenance, hedge trimming, mulch installation.......I total it all up and divide by the number of months, just like you said. If they decide later on that they want to add a service, it is to be paid in full seperately.
  4. Stihl036pro

Stihl036pro LawnSite Member

Everything is one contract, I think its much eaiser to deal with. One payment, one bill at the end of each month, but if they want extra services then I just bill accordingly.
  5. SLC1234

SLC1234 LawnSite Member

Everything that is going to be done for the entire season is divided into either 8 for the mowing or 12 for the mowing/plowing customers. i feel that this is the best way, the spring kinda sucks cause you are doing a lot like cleanup,sweeping,mulching ect. but then you get a month like July when you only cut it two or three times or a month like March where you go there once you still get the same payment, it much easier to figure out what you can afford and what work you can handle. Just my two cents

6. bobbygedd

from NJ

certainly, there is a reason for me asking this. i quoted a lady lawn service, ferts, etc. then she says she gets 15 yds of mulch a year, and installs it herself. i quoted her over a grand for the mulch, she almost fainted. then i said, " BUTT, we can incorporate it into your lawn fees, for only an extra xxx a month." she bit! now, i notice that when i go to buy a new car, the guy never quotes me the price of the vehicle, he always says, "that will be $300 a month" that sounds alot better than, "it will cost you $25,000." get my drift?
  7. JimLewis

JimLewis LawnSite Fanatic

Our clients pay in 12 equal payments. Same flat rate all year.

Most of our clients are full service, which means we do mowing, edging, blowing, fertilizing, weed control, insect & disease control (for lawn only), pruning all shrubs and trees under 15' tall, trimming perennials, and leaf raking. That pretty much covers everything except new mulch or aerating. We offer those two services separately.

We don't ever have a need for spring or fall clean-ups. We're there every week cleaning stuff up. Nothing ever gets out of hand to clean it up. In the winter, we're there every 2 weeks raking leaves, pulling weeds, whatever needs done. So there's just never any need for any additional clean-up work. Of course, we're fortunate to live in a temperate climate where work all year is possible.
  8. Expert Lawns

bobby, you said over a grand for 15 yards of mulch. Just curious, what would you charge to spread 6 yards?
  9. bobbygedd

from NJ

$65 a yard my brother, take it or leave it. in 3 days i've sold 27 yards
  10. Expert Lawns

just wondering where I stood with my prices. pretty close