Guys, time to do the rain-dance.

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by topsites, Jun 22, 2005.

1. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

Everybody, PLEASE wash and wax your car!

If no rain, wash and wax the truck next day.
    If still no rain, the trailer day after.

Keep washing + waxing a car / day and it HAS to rain.

Well it always does when *I* wash/wax my car!

2. jpp

jpp LawnSite Silver Member

Cleaned the inside of one of the trucks today. Was thinking of washing it but I am going to do that in the morning when the sun is not beating directly down on it. Who knows the truck that pulls the trailer might get a bath too. :cool2:

3. South Florida Lawns

South Florida Lawns LawnSite Platinum Member
    from usa

We have too much down here, wish I had a way to send some your way.

4. Gilla Gorilla

Gilla Gorilla LawnSite Senior Member

Yeah we sure could use some rain up here in No Va also. I have a bunch of lawns starting to dry out becuase the customers dont want to water. I will probably have to skip a couple of lawns next week due to no growth.

5. jt5019

jt5019 LawnSite Bronze Member

It's getting crispy and its starting to worry me. I dont see any real chance for a good rain for atleast another week probably longer.

6. Carolina Cutter

Carolina Cutter LawnSite Senior Member

Holy moly!!!!! I got up...did one....dance dance wiggle wiggle around the chair and the heavens opened up......

Just a short cloud burst according to the radar but the sound of rain was nice.......maybe just maybe I need to get my dancin shoes on....

7. lqmustang

lqmustang LawnSite Senior Member

I pulled the Mustang out of it's little hidey hole yesterday. Even that didn't provoke any rain.

8. I've even left the windows down on the truck at nite, nothing.

9. HOOLIE

HOOLIE LawnSite Gold Member

Got a wee little bit of rain this morning, don't know if it will help.

I'll do my part, I'm going to leave the windows open on my WIFE'S car, surely that'll make it rain. Or else I'll just be in trouble with her...

10. grass_cuttin_fool

grass_cuttin_fool LawnSite Gold Member

Ive been on vacation most of this week because of it being dry, we are getting a few showers but not enuff for any growth , its just kinda holding its on. On a good note I have been doing some steep banks that I usually cut 1 time a year with the brush cutter, And I usually put some lime down on yards that need it in july, so I may move that up a few weeks. Still too early for the August pruning of shrubs yet and all of the azaelas have been pruned. May be a good time to paint an old trailer and get the canoe on the river