1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Guys who bag grass

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Mowerboy04, Feb 26, 2010.

1. Mowerboy04

Mowerboy04 LawnSite Bronze Member

thanks link worked

2. Landscraper1

Landscraper1 LawnSite Senior Member
    Male, from Southeastern Ma.

We bag almost all of our customers and only use dump trucks. Dump it right at the shop for composting.

3. Mowerboy04

i wish a dump truck was a option at this time. maybe next year

4. Landscraper1

Than just put a tarp in your truck bed. Get along one. If you get one maybe 8X16, you can put it down on the floor of your bed. Start from the tailgate toward the front. That way you have that extra length to cover your load. Also makes it easy to unload. Just pull from the top and down it goes. That's what I did when I first started out.:)

Or if you have a couple grand, get a dump insert. They work great. You can usually find one on craigslist.

5. Mowerboy04

thats kind of what i was thinking. or they make a loadhandeler so maybe try that.

6. Landscraper1

I've seen the commercials on the Loadhandler. Don't know how well it works but, it looks good.

7. Alluring Lawns

Alluring Lawns LawnSite Member

LOAD HANDLER is the greatest thing ever invented in my humble opinion, saves my back a lot of strain, and a lot of time. I do go through about one a year though.

8. P&C Lawn Care

P&C Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

On the commercial properties we just use the dumpster. On residentals we have cans we dump into and then empty at the end of the day. Alot of the larger crews use a dump stake bed and then dump it at the end of the day. I've seen alot of made dump systems in the bed of truck and trailers too.

9. yardguy28

yardguy28 LawnSite Platinum Member

skipped reading the posts so apologizies if i'm repeating posts.

i have a load handler and i dump the clipping straight into the truck. at the end of the work day i stop at the local recycling center and dump the clippings off.

10. THEGOLDPRO

THEGOLDPRO LawnSite Fanatic

only noobs bag grass.