Guys who bag grass

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Mowerboy04, Feb 26, 2010.

1. blakerugg

blakerugg LawnSite Senior Member

im assuming u mulch? what if u get a customer that requests it?

2. yardguy28

yardguy28 LawnSite Platinum Member

takes one to know one :laugh:

3. Landscraper1

Landscraper1 LawnSite Senior Member
    Male, from Southeastern Ma.

Wow, we have all learned alot from that. Please, don't stop posting. Enlighten us all with your wisdom!:rolleyes:

4. THEGOLDPRO

THEGOLDPRO LawnSite Fanatic

i only bag if its wet out, and it looks like piss when im done cutting it, other then that i mulch it all.

5. THEGOLDPRO

THEGOLDPRO LawnSite Fanatic

im just happy i could teach a few noobs like yourself a couple things. if you need anything else let me know.

6. WHIPPLE5.7

WHIPPLE5.7 LawnSite Senior Member

I guess it depends where you live. Around here most places are accessable only to 21s and 36s and people are very picky. I do have some places that I side discharge at but bagging is pretty routine in many towns/cities. Many cities are setup differant with lot sizes of 7,000 sq. ft. maximum so by the time a home, garage, and sidewalks fill space there is only 2,000 or 3,000 sq. ft. of green. Given that the yard is that small they want it bagged. Now if we all had 60" ZTRs and customers with 2-5 acre yards and no fences yes mulching/side discharging is the norm. Yes it sucks that I have to play around with such small places and only spend minutes at a place before moving on but I don't have many options as many others don't either. If I moved somewhere that all customers had acres and acres of grass at one location I would be lovin life but I'm not alone in the postage stamp yard world.

7. Landscraper1

No, I think I'm coming out of this thread dumber than I came in. I noticed you like to show us your nice Dodge pickups. Do you wax them every week? They look so shiney.

8. Turf Dawg

Turf Dawg LawnSite Gold Member

This is the end of my 14th season. How much longer do I need to stop being a noob? And does that mean I need to sell my Walker and the bags for my 21"

9. Landscraper1

Sorry but, if he called me a noob, then you are definitely one too. Because, I have been in the business for over 30 yrs.
    Boy, I can't imagine how many years of experience he has! :weightlifter:

10. Vogel-Landscaping

Vogel-Landscaping LawnSite Member

^:laugh::laugh: