Guys who bag grass

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Mowerboy04, Feb 26, 2010.

1. STIHL GUY

STIHL GUY LawnSite Fanatic
    from CT

i only bag when i have to but i just dump in the bed of my pickup and unload it with the pitchfork when im done

2. P&C Lawn Care

P&C Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

Wow 23 years of being a Noob. I sure am glad because it pays off bagging,

3. DLCS

DLCS LawnSite Platinum Member

All you guys that put grass clippings in dumpsters, what do the waste companies say about that? If you do that here they will not empty that dumpster, then you get a pissed off customer.

4. Landscraper1

Landscraper1 LawnSite Senior Member
    Male, from Southeastern Ma.

Can't do that around my area also. Can get fined.

Hey guys, Maybe we can start a new forum for noobs like us. We can have that guy with the Dodges set the standards of noobility for us. You know he has a vast wealth of kmowledge we can tap into.:)

Last edited: Feb 26, 2010
  5. 2stroke

2stroke LawnSite Senior Member

my loadhanler is worth its wieght in gold

GRASSY.jpg

6. DLCS

DLCS LawnSite Platinum Member

Sir, you need a dump insert or a dump truck. My back just aches looking at that pile.

7. 2stroke

2stroke LawnSite Senior Member

the cows love me.

8. yardguy28

yardguy28 LawnSite Platinum Member

i find the lawn guys who pile there grass so high and don't put a tarp over the top letting it fall out of the truck as they drive extremely rude, inconsiderate and annoying.

i only fill my truck bed to the top of the rails, maybe a little higher, but if i can't get my 6' x 8' tarp over the top and secured down then i'm putting in to much.

that pic there is never something you'll find me doing. i'd even consider turning someone over to the law for something like that and yes there is a law against stuff like that.

9. climber338

climber338 LawnSite Member

I just let them fly because one third of the lawns nitrogen is in those clipping. If your running into thatch problems then you need to restore the lawns micro organisms in the form of compost tea or just a layer of compost on the lawn. In my experience fertilizers tend to kill off the micro organisms and then the thatch comes soon after. I live in the north east and just letting them fly seems to work great for me. I even took over for a guy who was bagging and the lawn looked like crap when i got there. At the end of the season it was nice and green and hardly any weeds because i also let it grow higher then most and that shades out allot of weeds.

10. Mowerboy04

Mowerboy04 LawnSite Bronze Member

humm thats odd.... ive been doing this for 6 years. Im trying to offer my clients a higher level of service, and i feel bagging the lawns will help improve the look of there lawn. Also i feel i may have a nich if i bag lawns because i will be the only company in town that will offer this service.