Guys who bag grass

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Mowerboy04, Feb 26, 2010.

1. jasontimm

jasontimm LawnSite Senior Member
    from MN

Well.....good for you, your the man!!!!

2. DLCS

DLCS LawnSite Platinum Member

I don't mulch.:) My growth is fine, just because a lawn has exponential growth does not mean its healthy. My lawns are fertilized properly and my customers love our work. I've been in business since '98, the only lawns we that we have bagged in the past were lawns treated by True Green. If need be in the Spring, we will double cut but that's rare. If I was suffocating the roots, then there would be a thatch problem. I haven't thatched any regular mow customers lawns in years.

Hey if bagging works for you, then so be it. I was stating what works for us. You assume too much.

3. rain man

rain man LawnSite Silver Member

To bag or not to bag? It all depends but I won't go there. When we do have to bag we like leaves best. Makes good compost (along with a little bark mixed in). Burn a few to get some ashes. Mix it all together in the right amounts and put it into the garden.

We had fresh tomatoes every day from spring to fall last year and put 150 lbs of potatoes into the freezer. Grew hot peppers til frost, okra 7 ft tall, hybrid and heirloom squash, cucumbers (for pickling and frying), zuchini, and truck loads of mustard greens. Rabbits got the bell peppers, corn had problems. Adding pole beans and butter beans this year.

4. dobe

dobe LawnSite Member
    from VA

most people here want their lawn bagged. and i have had some that only want a walker to cut their lawn.
    i think most run at least one walker here.
    in town you have a spot out front on the road/sidewalk where they want you to dump and you just dump there. the town comes pick it up as long as they pay for trash pickup. ( leaves and sticks go there as well. )
    in the country they usually tell you to dump near the woods or something like that.

5. Hawg City Lawns

Hawg City Lawns LawnSite Bronze Member

thats odd ive never had someone point at a mower and say "hey i want that thing to mow my yard it looks like it does a great job" haha would be cool if that happend though walkers are pretty interesting machines if i had a use for one id definitely look into one other than that im surprised not many other people do what i do with the grass clippings

6. Turf Dawg

Turf Dawg LawnSite Gold Member

You just made me huuuunnngggrryy :cool2::drinkup::clapping:

7. THEGOLDPRO

THEGOLDPRO LawnSite Fanatic

3 encores, and 2 craftsmans actually, im pretty serious over here.

8. THEGOLDPRO

lets see your operation sport. post a few pics and show why your better then everyone else.

9. Darryl G

Darryl G LawnSite Fanatic

I only bag grass on a case by case basis as needed. One green barrel is usually all I need in a day, but I carry a smaller trash can in that with reused 45 gallon heavy duty bags in case that isn't enough. In the spring when I bag all my accounts for the first cut or 2 and in the fall when I'm bagging more due to leaves I run my dump trailer and just dump it up front. Clippings go to my compost pile and are used in the veggie garden after they're finished composting (about 1.5 years).

10. THEGOLDPRO

all i said was bagging is for noobs, which it is, if your a noob im sorry dont get upset.

edit: and that walkers were garbage which they are, i only speak the truth.