1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Guys who run WB's

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by K c m, May 30, 2006.

1. K c m

K c m LawnSite Senior Member

Today i was doing a mulch job and i got to thinking have you guys ever broken the controls? Like the 2 arms that come up to the pistol grips? I ask because i do it a lot and today i had bags of mulch on the deck cause my car was so far away. Just a question.
  2. Dashunde

Dashunde LawnSite Senior Member

Bags of mulch? (who buys bags for commercial work?)

What do the handles have to do with using your w/b as a cart?
    Are you talking about a w/b pushmower? Like a little 21"?
  3. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

Around here all there is, is bags. Even the largest of landscapers in town use nothing but 3 cu. ft. bags of mulch. Maybe it's a availibility issue for him too? Not to mention, I'd really prefer bags... you can get it from point A to B without shoveling and scooping and dropping any on the ground.

Also, How can you really use the mower as a cart, isn't the muffler on the4 front side of the engine? Seems that stacking plastic bags on there would be pretty tough...

What BRAND of W/B is this? I'm going to assume its NOT one of the name brands... Only walkbehind I ever say break handles is a Troy-bilt 33", and that was just the older style without the handle struts.
  4. Dashunde

Dashunde LawnSite Senior Member

Jason, you may have just stumbled onto your future.
    I've been to Hutch, and its big enough to support a properly stocked mulch farm.
    You might want to think about setting up a mulch, rock, dirt, and sand facility... maybe right between you and Newton?