Guys with Magna-Matic!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by TreffertLawnWrx, Nov 4, 2003.

1. TreffertLawnWrx

TreffertLawnWrx LawnSite Senior Member

I have read all the posts concerning how much I need one. For the last two years I sharpen my blades myself (grinder) and mid summer I take my 4 sets to my Exmark dealer to have a nice angle put back on. My question is when purchasing my MM 9000 what did everyone pay? Do you order directly from the manufacturer? I also read alot about back orders. Any info would be great for my purchase. Thanks, Scott

2. Team Gopher

Team Gopher LawnSite Platinum Member
    from -

Hi TLC,

MAG-9000 Retail Price: $551.00

MAG-9001 Retail Price: $561.00

You can order from their site.

3. TreffertLawnWrx

TreffertLawnWrx LawnSite Senior Member

Thanks Gopher, Go BADGERS!

4. PRO PROPERTY CARE

PRO PROPERTY CARE LawnSite Member

if you buy the 9000 , how do you sharpen your mulching blades.. or is there trick to use the 9000 for the mulching wavy blades.

5. lazer 46

lazer 46 LawnSite Senior Member

I have the 9000. It is designed to sharpen only straight blades. The one mower I have for mulching I use gator mulching blades which are straight and sharpen very nicely on the 9000. I believe the 8000 is designed for wavy mulching blades. It is more costly but has more features. Having used a hand grinder for so many years I kick myself for not getting the 9000 a long time ago.

6. PRO PROPERTY CARE

PRO PROPERTY CARE LawnSite Member

thanks
    maybe i should look into some gators , and save some money on the sharpener, and buy the 9000.