Guys with the lesco slit seeder!

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by Craftybigdog, Oct 14, 2006.

1. Craftybigdog

Craftybigdog LawnSite Senior Member

Hey guys I was just wondering how yours was holding up. I bought one and it has 10hrs on it now and Im missing 2 blades and 4 blades had where the bolt sheared off. I was wondering if you ran into this same problem. Thank you

2. MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE

MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE LawnSite Bronze Member

NO,i have had two break downs in the two seasons with mine a low oil senser,and you have to turn it on its side and really over fill the kawasaki full so it won't die,and the bearing on the left side running it where the tines are went out a typical timken bearing less than $20 bucks.

3. Craftybigdog

Yeah I like the machine I was just amazed at how fast and flimsy the blades are. Maybe the bolts were real loose. I did tighten up alot well actually all of them. Because the reel assembly has to be broken down and ez-out the broken bolts, what a pain that will be.

4. LawnSolutionsCP

LawnSolutionsCP Sponsor

If you are looking for quality, performance, and ease of use, check out our power seeder at

www.LawnSolutionsCP.Com

The blades are the best in the industry. The are designed to withstand direct impact with even a manhole cover and keep on going. This may sound extreme, but if they can withstand repeated hits on a manhole cover at full RPM, then they should never break in the field.

They last longer too. They are special high carbon steel that is harded and then press tempered to bring back flexibility to prevent breaking.

They also only cost $100 / set and take 15 minutes to change them out.

5. Craftybigdog

I like that model, how much are they going for? The 30", I like how it holds alot more seed. Thank you for the reply.

6. LawnSolutionsCP

LawnSolutionsCP Sponsor

The current pricing is as follows:

20" w/ 6hp $2,750 (units will be at the GIE in November)

20" w/ 8.5hp $3,250 (unit will be at the GIE in November)

We are offering a 20% discount on all orders placed this fall. Quantities are limited and lead time is 4-6 weeks (built to order). Payment is made when the unit ships.

30" w/ 13 hp - 20 hp will retail for around $4,500 and ready for production March 2007.

The 30" model will have hydro drive like our other models, but also looking at a hydro cutter as well so you can varry the speed, direction, and put 20 hp down to the cutters without any belt wear. It can work like a harley rake if desired or power seeder at 3-5 mph. This model is design to compete with tractor mounted 3-point hitch seeders, but yet still have the power and flexibility to work like a power / harley rake in rough ground.

This 30" unit is still going through design changes and peformance testing. We will be looking for places to field test later this fall and early spring. Send us and email if you are interested. We might have a unit at the GIE in November.

7. boxsky

boxsky LawnSite Member

Are you still doing the discount? Any dealers on PA yet?

8. sicnj

sicnj LawnSite Senior Member

i blew the belt first time i used the machine. i always stab my leg under the throttle control when turning the machine.

9. boxsky

boxsky LawnSite Member

On which machine?

10. sicnj

sicnj LawnSite Senior Member

lesco renovator