1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Guy's with there own shops

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by meets1, Dec 13, 2004.

1. meets1

meets1 LawnSite Gold Member

I am looking at expanding next year and would be in dire need of a new building. Currently working out of our storage facility which is nice - all cement, loft upstairs, ect but grwoing pains. I may still need our storage units (I own a storage complex) so that works great for me now.

Question is what do you guys have as shops? Steel buildings, stick frame, pole barn type of buildings?

All mechanical equipment - welders, air compressors, lifts, heat/air?
    Office, net access, phone,fax, etc.

Insulated, cold storage, steel fronts or some brick or stucco?

Different "parts" of the building - like one area heated, other cold, other office, and other wash bay?

Just getting some ideas? Pictures would be great as well!!

2. club54

club54 LawnSite Member
    from alabama

I have seen people use 18 wheeler trailer for shop

3. specialtylc

specialtylc LawnSite Bronze Member

I built a 40X72 shop 2 years ago. Pole building 12 ft ceiling, all concrete floor. 1/3 is our workshop area, insulated,gas heat,toilet. The other 2/3 is for equipment storage. The equipment bay is large enough that we can back in the truck and trailer in as one unit.Automatic door openers.Plenty of lights and a security system. Our old shop was burglarized and we lost over $6000 in tools.We have most of the tools that we need to build,fix or modify our equipment.