1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Guys with Websites! Help!

Discussion in 'Digital Marketing' started by Bennyb311, Jul 17, 2007.

1. Bennyb311

Bennyb311 LawnSite Member

I am thinking about making a website. How do you get one up and running? How much does one cost? And how do you make sure it shows up in a websearch? Any help will be appreciated!
  2. Creter

Creter LawnSite Member

Go to http://www.ipowerweb.com/ and check out their pricing. You can get your domain name and webhosting pretty fair priced there. So for a year hosting and domain it'll be about 100 bucks. Then ya got to make it or hopefully have a computer geek cousin like I do to make it for you. Don't waste money on buying guarenteed hits or directions to your site from outside sources at first. If you have a nice website and include that onto your flyer, mailers and Biz cards people on the fence will see it.

It's something to do but it's not the MAIN thing but rather a part of your whole marketing/advertising plan.

BTW, if you don't have a comp geek relative or friend, there are some cheeseball programs in Office Max or Computer stores that will help you design one yourself, although it would be generic but would be better then sending 500 bucks to a non friend for the designing of.
  3. mdvaden

mdvaden LawnSite Bronze Member

You can always find someone like our older son, who could basically get you up and running with a template for like $300 or so. One day's effort. Our son walks you through via phone and computer, getting your domain name, host arranged, and will tweak a template. But you can find a half dozen others to do the same.

Web presence ????? Submit to DMOZ and Google, and you have presense.

Ranking ?? That's like a pipe dream for many people these days.

Read my page here - too long to copy / paste...

I deleted my advice page on how we got top ranking in Oregon, and put this article on my links page as its what I consider the smart move these days.
  4. Mow It All llc

Mow It All llc LawnSite Member

My website is done thru www.caz-web.com I pay $72 for the year, I never knew how to build on but they give you a program that makes it as easy as sending an email.....I would recomend them to anyone.
  5. Turf Troll

Turf Troll LawnSite Member

Hey Benny,

There are 32 pages of threads on website info here, if you go through the last 10 pages you'll probably have the info you are looking for then you can ask more detailed questions.

If you just do the last two pages you'll have your info. Check out the resources people have posted then ask about the different offers being presented to you.

The questions you asked,

especially "how do you make sure it shows up in a websearch?" would take a couple paragraphs and you would have many opinions,

Results 1 - 10 of about 557,000 for "landscaping chattanooga" (google search)

Since Chattanooga is the biggest city near you it would have the most competition and it is not much.

I'll tell you what I'll do for you, do the reading of the past threads, let us know what site builder your thinking of using and if your willing to do some writing I'll help you be on the first page of a google search for any 6 keywords or keyword phrases you choose, you will have to spend around $100 to have some things done for you that are to time consuming to do yourself.